Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean when the crows bid on him with pick 13/14. It will happen.

the cows wont use their first pick (currently pick 2) on him as they will be using it on Anderson or Rowell - and if they get one of those it will be the 57th coming of McLeod :rolleyes:.

Their 2nd pick (currently pick 20 - 912pts) maybe used to bid us up (and attempt to annoy us) but our pick 28 - 677pts might be enough (with the father / son discount to get him if it isn't then we add in two of our 4th round picks currently 67 - 69pts + 64 - 101pts) and that will be enough (847pts) to get him with the father / son discount

Then again the cows (if you believe the thoughts of their supporters :rolleyes:) could offer the Suns their current pick 2, 2020 - 1st round pick & current pick 31 to try and get Rankine. This so the suns can get both best mates Anderson & Rowell :think: (like the suns did last year when they drafted best mates Lukosius and Rankine :drunk:)

honestly i’m kinda stoked the Crows got a high first round pick in a year when two of the predicted top 3 are sub-180cm.

It’s only a hunch but I reckon Anderson is a runner (as in run back to Melbourne) for sure.

Gcs or crows both have had retention issues so if he goes to either I reckon they’ll have a battle to keep him.

I could also very easily see Adelaide bidding on mead with their first 2nd to wipe out our 2nd that is sandwiched between their 2 2nd round picks.

I would be annoyed as I wouldn’t match that early a bid but the club probably would and that’s what the crows would bank on.

They should probably move that draft pick to remove that possibility.

I could also very easily see Adelaide bidding on mead with their first 2nd to wipe out our 2nd that is sandwiched between their 2 2nd round picks.

I would be annoyed as I wouldn’t match that early a bid but the club probably would and that’s what the crows would bank on.

No point in speculating until the season is over.

I wouldn't put it pass us to do something in the trade period to get some more picks maybe another 2nd round (and also to get extra draft picks for the 2020 draft)

as it stands .. it wouldn't matter if the cows bid on Mead with their 2nd pick .. their 2nd pick is currently 20 and worth 912 pts … our 2nd is currently pick 28 and worth 677 pts but we also get the father / son discount. this father son discount is 20% for 1st round picks and a flat rate of 197 points oustide the 1st round

so the cows use pick 20 = 912 pts
we use pick 18 = 677 + the discount (197) = 874pts …

all we then have to do is find 38 pts and to do that we add our last 4th round pick 67 which is 69pts

so we match the cows and get Mead (using pick 28+67) and we also get back pick 4th round pick 71 (pick 71 can then be used on Trent Burgoyne)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he is available for selection starting next week?
Not sure when he's available for us but he's been named on the WWT seniors interchange for their match against Central Districts tomorrow. Fingers crossed he has a good game and we call him up to play for the Maggies next week.

Trent Burgoyne is playing for the WWT U18s tomorrow too.

Not sure when he's available for us but he's been named on the WWT seniors interchange for their match against Central Districts tomorrow. Fingers crossed he has a good game and we call him up to play for the Maggies next week.

Trent Burgoyne is playing for the WWT U18s tomorrow too.
I think once he's played seniors for the peckers we lose the chance to play him this year

I think once he's played seniors for the peckers we lose the chance to play him this year
That's unfortunate. Would have been nice to get him in now and start his development early.

I'm probably jumping the gun here but with the recent news of Gold Coast offering Shaun Burgoyne a four-year contract, it got me thinking about what that would mean for his son Ky and draft eligibility. If Shaun was to accept that contract with the Suns, he and his family would be based on the Gold Coast between 2020-2023. Ky Burgoyne happens to be draft eligible in 2024 and will actually become available for academy drafting for the Suns if they stay in Queensland for the 2024 season as he will have spent the required five years living in the academy zone.

Long story short, Ky Burgoyne could be lost to both Hawthorn and us if Shaun accepts a deal to play for the Suns next year.

That's unfortunate. Would have been nice to get him in now and start his development early.

I'm probably jumping the gun here but with the recent news of Gold Coast offering Shaun Burgoyne a four-year contract, it got me thinking about what that would mean for his son Ky and draft eligibility. If Shaun was to accept that contract with the Suns, he and his family would be based on the Gold Coast between 2020-2023. Ky Burgoyne happens to be draft eligible in 2024 and will actually become available for academy drafting for the Suns if they stay in Queensland for the 2024 season as he will have spent the required five years living in the academy zone.

Long story short, Ky Burgoyne could be lost to both Hawthorn and us if Shaun accepts a deal to play for the Suns next year.
We should be offering the man a couple of years, Look at the effect Luke Hodge has had at Brisbane

Those sneaky Suns obviously know what they are up to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back