Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

He seems to be getting a few decent games under his belt. Draft-able? Thoughts on where?

Yes draftable. Hard to tell where this far out, but not first round imo

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Jase looks very exciting, but there’s a heap of Sa kids performing well right now

he might not even be in the top 5/7 2021 Sa prospects right now.
My top 7 SA prospects for next year right now

Jason Horne
Matthew Roberts
Arlo Draper
Lewis Rayson
Morgan Ferres
Cooper Murley
Jase Burgoyne

All in the top 20 mix

how do you like dnistriasky? I haven’t watched much of him but fu** me he’s got a leg.

We can't even spell Trengove or Carlile, how on Earth will we cope with Dnistriansky?!?

Last edited:

Buget

Premiership Player
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Tex Wanganeen has moved to Melbourne and will have to make a decision between Power and Bombers at the end of 2021 if he will nominate for either club (Tiser).

A bt of click bait, wasn't much of an article. What is he like? Shaping as a potential draft-able player?

He would probably have a better draft year in Adelaide if Victoria's COVID situation doesn't ease up. (As I write that, I realise his draft is still over a year away)

Apr 3, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Brooklyn Nets
A bt of click bait, wasn't much of an article. What is he like? Shaping as a potential draft-able player?

He would probably have a better draft year in Adelaide if Victoria's COVID situation doesn't ease up. (As I write that, I realise his draft is still over a year away)
Im starting to get to the point where id be happy for us to opt out of the s**t fight for tex. If he genuinely can't put us ahead of essendon then he may as well go there, as his heart isn't in it. His father's heart lies here and always will lay here even if he puts on a strong media front for both clubs.

Oct 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Im starting to get to the point where id be happy for us to opt out of the sh*t fight for tex. If he genuinely can't put us ahead of essendon then he may as well go there, as his heart isn't in it. His father's heart lies here and always will lay here even if he puts on a strong media front for both clubs.

Gotta go for him if he projects to be a good AFL player.

From what i've seen at this point he's not tracking as draftable, imo.

But, he was meant to be at Oakleigh Chargers this year which is an outstanding developmental club, so hopefully he continues to develop

Apr 3, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Brooklyn Nets
Gotta go for him if he projects to be a good AFL player.
I underatand pushing for him because we are well entitled to, just leaving a bitter taste in the mouth that we have to fight so hard to get him. Much like Shaun's kids I have zero interest in even trying to get those kids to pafc feels like a pointless exercise at this point.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
The luring of tex over to Melbourne with a prestigious football scholarship is very murky territory
Going to Xavier along with the Davey twins, from what I saw of him in the practise matches this year he looked to get on very well with Alwyn jr and even wore his JHA gear before the game.

I think Essendon might be the preference but as Macca19 said he is still an outside chance to be drafted, very small and certainly not as athletic as his old man.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Beat up story.
Not draftable atm - but if he develops, then sure, we make the play for him.
Still a Port supporter at heart, and I would suspect we are his first choice, but not getting into any bidding war with Dons for him.
He would be obliged to wear his JHA gear whilst over there, so nothing in that.

If he can't even convince his son to play for Port Adelaide rather than a club which hasn't won a final in 16 years, injects its players with unknown brown substances, has Ben Rutten as its coach and is based in a city which will be dealing with a deadly pandemic for an unknown period of time, I doubt he has much to add to our board.

Ljc_86

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If he can't even convince his son to play for Port Adelaide rather than a club which hasn't won a final in 16 years, injects its players with unknown brown substances, has Ben Rutten as its coach and is based in a city which will be dealing with a deadly pandemic for an unknown period of time, I doubt he has much to add to our board.

boom *mic drop*

case closed!

Back