Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe we just don't want Tex? If he's barely draftable and our list managers are on fire with late picks, I don't want to use up a list spot for charity. Not that they're a good example for anything but just look across the road at the pointless exercise the Crows' listing of Edwards and Jarmans' sons was.. just leaves a bad taste allround.

Gav will always be ours, has been part of the club for 20+ years now with a brief stint at Essendon when we weren't in the AFL. Nothing will change that.

Essendon's list depth is putrid, so hey if they have the resources to develop him into a player then all power to them. Happy to take Tex off their hands later on just like Gav :thumbsu:

I haven’t seen him as a desirable draft target at all. But that isn’t the issue here.

What I have an issue with is the luring of a potential father son to another state (where he is also f/s eligible) with a highly valued scholarship.

maybe it’s on the up and up but how can we be assured of that? Where is the scrutiny on it? Who would be looking at it and can we trust they’re fair and impartial?

could someone organise for the francou boys and Shaun burgs kids to have prestigious scholarships at PAC or would that be crossing a line?

If Tex is up for it or not i would not have a clue but our talent scouts should be looking for the best players to fit our needs. This business of picking names to fill spots is a quick way to go down hill fast.

Wanganeen shouldn't be on our board irrespective of who Tex plays for. What does he have to offer other than 'used to be good at football?'

Has run multiple successful businesses, is a great Indigenous representation - a part of our club we are really trying to build.

In regards to our motto, ‘Exist to Win Premierships and make our Community Proud’ there is no better blueprint!

a quick query do we have a list some where of who is in our NGA's

(especially on who we will have over the next 3 -4 years) ????

Sorry if I missed it, but is Tex Wanganeen got a football scholarship at Xavier in Melbourne? Wasn't he already on a football scholarships at PAC?

He's on an aboriginal scholarship at Xavier.

a quick query do we have a list some where of who is in our NGA's

(especially on who we will have over the next 3 -4 years) ????

I wouldn't worry about after this year, it's likely to be disbanded at the end of the year as a cost cutting measure due to covid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taj has been injured. First game back I think. I only caught a bit of the end but taj did the same stuff he’s been doing for years. Running around contests getting a hand pass and hitting targets.

Elite - lowering eyes picking out targets and weighting kicks

concerns - doesn’t win his own ground ball at the level so much as he waits for someone to get it to him, and he’s definitely not doing it at the next level cause of his size but also doesn’t get outside and run like say a boak or duursma or say his dad, who he should be modeling his game on. At the next level if he thinks he can waltz around contests like that he will get a shock. Afl has mass bodies around contests so he won’t get the free run.

burgs is exciting. He takes the kick outs very often or all the time so that likely inflates his possies. Still good he finds a bit of it and that they trust him to do the kick outs. Looks very laconic and like he’s going around in 1st gear.

Taj was good yesterday. He starts on a wing then moves inside a bit. He’s more suited inside imo. He’s a clean one touch player who doesnt waste the ball. He’s a poor mans Serong. Theres an AFL player in there but he’s not being bid on in the first 2 rounds. Hopefully he falls further. He needs to penetrate with the ball a bit more as opposed to switching a lot.

That was the most impressive i’ve seen Jase. Played a lot of the game as a genuine stoppage midfielder and played his best game that ive seen. Was winning a lot of clearances and again in what was a muddy ground in s**t conditions he was one grabbing the ball and giving off lightning handballs in close. He was very good with the ball. It looks like hes going in 2nd gear because he kind of is. He jogs a lot but he does get to contest after contest. He has jets when he wants to, but i want to see him use them more often to belt past opponents. Hes exciting. The more i see the more i think we’ll be using good draft capital to get him.

Taj was good yesterday. He starts on a wing then moves inside a bit. He’s more suited inside imo. He’s a clean one touch player who doesnt waste the ball. He’s a poor mans Serong. Theres an AFL player in there but he’s not being bid on in the first 2 rounds. Hopefully he falls further. He needs to penetrate with the ball a bit more as opposed to switching a lot.

That was the most impressive i’ve seen Jase. Played a lot of the game as a genuine stoppage midfielder and played his best game that ive seen. Was winning a lot of clearances and again in what was a muddy ground in sh*t conditions he was one grabbing the ball and giving off lightning handballs in close. He was very good with the ball. It looks like hes going in 2nd gear because he kind of is. He jogs a lot but he does get to contest after contest. He has jets when he wants to, but i want to see him use them more often to belt past opponents. Hes exciting. The more i see the more i think we’ll be using good draft capital to get him.
Sounds like we should be attempting to use our 2021 1st rounder for something this year then. Maybe get ahead of a Lochlan Jones bid in the process, which is looking like it could be around pick 15.

Sounds like we should be attempting to use our 2021 1st rounder for something this year then. Maybe get ahead of a Lochlan Jones bid in the process, which is looking like it could be around pick 15.

Take our medicine this year pay the deficit take Jones, grab a Value KPD later and bring in Taj late. Hold next years picks at all costs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back