Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Just keep telling yourself things like:

He's only 190cm and we have plenty of medium sized defenders

He won't grow

The crows are only developing him for 2 years before he comes back to his heartland

Anyone can get kicks against West Adelaide

It might help.

Schoey was asked about Taj earlier this week and sounded very frustrated with his season, including his recurrent ankle problem. There must be doubts about his ability to make it now.

That's going to kill his draft rating. I suppose we could take him as a sympathy late rookie pick.

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Has it been confirmed anywhere that Borlase has signed and committed to the NGA yet?

Has it been confirmed anywhere that Borlase has signed and committed to the NGA yet?
A player have to sign up to be in the NGA and get the benefits of being in the NGA including $$$. Once he signs in the club has the right to bid on him in the national draft, or automatically rookie you if he missed out in the national draft.

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
Taj was spoken about as a top 10 pick in his U/16 year. Just shows how much can change. I am sure we will at the very least take him as a rookie.
His kicking is AFL elite and that will see him drafted no matter his form. Could be a bargain.

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
he makes good decisions very quickly and weights his kicks very well. Though he isn’t a line breaker with his kicks imo. In my viewing he chooses the short to medium options.
Yep, his strength is those 45 degree corridor kicks. Absolute weapon in modern footy to be able to hit those targets regularly.

he makes good decisions very quickly and weights his kicks very well. Though he isn’t a line breaker with his kicks imo. In my viewing he chooses the short to medium options.

So you say he's like Lachie Neale? Well that's a disaster then.

Not eligible for father-son but Poults!

I remember someone posting in his last year, that we had to get him to 100 games 1) for father son reasons and 2) to join Mead as the only 100 games for Magpies + 100 game for Power player.

Jared played 88 games for the Power and over 100 for the Magpies. Can't find out exactly how many but he has his name on the #15 locker in silver which means he played 100 games for the Magpies post 1996 season ended. (Black for pre 1997 and Teal for AFL games).

This was a where are they now article on club's website in 2018. He lives at Corny Point near the bottom of York Peninsula.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Eagles U18 vs Glenelg today

Jase 35 touches, 19 kicks, 16 handballs, 8 marks, 1 goal

Taj 32 touches, 21 kicks, 11 handballs, 7 marks, 1 goal, 7 inside 50's

Well thats my night time viewing sorted

Back