Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles U18 vs Glenelg today

Jase 35 touches, 19 kicks, 16 handballs, 8 marks, 1 goal

Taj 32 touches, 21 kicks, 11 handballs, 7 marks, 1 goal, 7 inside 50's

thats the game recruiters would have been wanting from taj at the level. I’ll be interested to watch it and see how he got those touches

from what I’ve seen his inside game isn’t going to translate to afl level very well so hopefully a lot of those touches were him working hard outside the contest.

thats the game recruiters would have been wanting from taj at the level. I’ll be interested to watch it and see how he got those touches

from what I’ve seen his inside game isn’t going to translate to afl level very well so hopefully a lot of those touches were him working hard outside the contest.
Almost a 100 point win against a top 4 team with 4 clearances and 7 inside 50's but only 2 tackles suggests he pushed up onto the wing - his fitness must be improving.

Taj spent 50% in midfield and 50% on a half forward flank.

I haven't seen much of him this year, but it appeared today he got a lot more easy uncontested ball than he usually does. Seemed to work a bit harder. His ball use once again was superb. Defensively he is s**t. At afl level I'm not sure you can have someone who is such a defensive liability as an inside mid.

There was a few moments where he burst from stoppage which was impressive. If he improves defensively I think there is an afl player there.

Jace spent 50% mid and 50% back. I'm getting some kai pudney vibes from him. Finds lots of ball but doesn't really hurt you. Barely noticed him outside of the goal and a few 15m chip kicks.

Taj spent 50% in midfield and 50% on a half forward flank.

I haven't seen much of him this year, but it appeared today he got a lot more easy uncontested ball than he usually does. Seemed to work a bit harder. His ball use once again was superb. Defensively he is sh*t. At afl level I'm not sure you can have someone who is such a defensive liability as an inside mid.

There was a few moments where he burst from stoppage which was impressive. If he improves defensively I think there is an afl player there.

Jace spent 50% mid and 50% back. I'm getting some kai pudney vibes from him. Finds lots of ball but doesn't really hurt you. Barely noticed him outside of the goal and a few 15m chip kicks.
Thanks very much for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are a few things to like about that sample of Taj's highlights. He is short but good centre of gravity and solid body. Kicks like his dad, good awareness and lateral movement, gets involved in continuous play and seems to have some jets with open space in front of him.

There are a few things to like about that sample of Taj's highlights. He is short but good centre of gravity and solid body. Kicks like his dad, good awareness and lateral movement, gets involved in continuous play and seems to have some jets with open space in front of him.
Yup, there's a lot to like there, particularly the continuous and link up play. So essential in AFL.

If he grows even just a couple of centimetres, he could almost move into that Lachie Hunter type wing role. Hunter is 183cm but short arms, Taj is 178 from memory.

It's a pity we don't get the combine results for every player tested, stuff knows why they don't release them all. Is he quick or not? He seems to be a very smooth mover with some burst speed when needed. If he has some speed, he could make a handy small forward. Basically the same height as Boyd Woodcock (179cm) so we might have a couple of clever small forwards along with T.Burgoyne developing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back