Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

Jase Burgoyne looked good today against North Adelaide Changes direction on a 5c piece at pace, has speed to burn and looks to use the ball whenever he has it.

Had 16 disposals with managed game time. Showed some real flair and excitement.
Calm when under the pump. Doesn't panic.
Effected some good spoils against taller opponents when he needed to.
Built like a praying mantis, but won't shirk physical contests at all.
Looks promising for sure.

The word I used when I saw him play 1.5 quarters against the crows and again yesterday at the footy is composure.

I havent seen him do anything absolutely brilliant but I havent seen him make a clanger type error.

He makes good decisions and reads the play well.

Im not sure if we are playing him at half back to protect him, he is built like a piece of string, but he hasnt been flustered or harassed off the footy by bigger opponents.

Last edited:
The word I used when I saw him play 1.5 quarters against the crows and again yesterday at the footy is composure.

I havent seen him do anything absolutely brilliant but I havent seen him make a clanger type error.

He nakes good decisions and reads the play well.

Im not sure if we are playing him at half back to protect him, he is built like a piece of string, but he hasnt been flustered or harassed off the footy by bigger opponents.
if he heads back to Torrens in two weeks and plays in their 18's again, can we push for a transfer to play league footy?

if he heads back to Torrens in two weeks and plays in their 18's again, can we push for a transfer to play league footy?
Not under the current rules so unless WWT were prepared to go into bat for him to move to Port with ehe sanfl, it wont happen.

Jase's sharp ground level movement reminded me of Rozee. One moment he was flying in one direction, the next moment he had completely changed direction and was flying in the other direction. Players were falling over trying to keep up. He was like a dragonfly.

Plenty of small players as F/S.

I look forward to the day when we have a 195cm+ F/S.

Possibilities:
2023 - Jack Lade
2025 - Jake Bishop
2025 - Darcy Thurstans
2025 - Gillon Wakelin
2026 - Nate Tredrea

There’s the thing with Jase.

We manage his game time. He’s a skinny kid against grownups he should only be out there while he’s running on top of the ground. We can do the right thing for him and it’s the right thing for Port. There’s no doubt hes coming here next year only question is what pick.

Plays for Torrens they have to do the right thing for Torrens and that may be leaving him in the under age side which doesn’t really help him or play him in the league side and maybe undermine his confidence by too much game time and having the the wheels fall off.

Should ask Torrens and the sanfl very nicely if we can work something out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s probably better if he doesn’t play much this year so no one sees him and bids early on him. He’s better off spending the season in the weights room.

It’s probably better if he doesn’t play much this year so no one sees him and bids early on him. He’s better off spending the season in the weights room.
So your saying let Geelong draft him so he can bulk up then we get him back? I don't think port have a weights room... Either that or chadbro doesn't let anyone else in there...

So your saying let Geelong draft him so he can bulk up then we get him back? I don't think port have a weights room... Either that or chadbro doesn't let anyone else in there...
Burgman seems to have found Hammers spare key. Just needs to get tight with Miles!

jase puts on 10kg and sky's the limit
Then he will be 74kgs. :)

At 185cms he will have to get to 85kgs is he wants to play in the middle. He can play AFL at 74kgs, but he will have to get into the mids 80's over a few years to play midfield.

Peter ended his career at 183cm/84kgs. Boak is 183/85 and Robbie is 183/84

Remove this Banner Ad

Back