Land of the felafel
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Western Suburbs AFC Est.1926
Alipate Carlile

09_alipate_carlile_246a.jpg

• Out of contract end of 2011.

• Quality young Full Back to build a defence around.

• 23yrs 192cm 98kgs 74 games - will be 24 and close to 100 games experience leading into 2012.

• Recently promoted to Port's leadership group.

• Marketing potential with Western Sydney's large Polynesian population.

• Previously coached by Mark Williams, now on staff at the GIANTS.

Perfect target :thumbsu:

Throw the cheque book at him.

Some experience in our backline wouldn't go astray. Could be worth a shot - after this post, he's one we'll be watching with interest to see how he performs in 2011.

I'm sure he is. I'm also sure he could be very, very happy at the GIANTS with a considerable increase in remuneration and a vice captaincy.

im sorry but that attitude really shits me

'let's just throw money at players and they will come running'

Why is that disgusting, people change employers for more money and better conditions all the time so why not footballers?

Football is a job and career now and must be looked as such. Those who say that players should be loyal to a club, please ask yourself first, have you been loyal to your employer? Didn't think so.

Football is big business and big business is all about money. Therefore players should try and make as much as they can whilst they can, after all there is another 50 years of life to live after they retire.

Why is that disgusting, people change employers for more money and better conditions all the time so why not footballers?

Football is a job and career now and must be looked as such. Those who say that players should be loyal to a club, please ask yourself first, have you been loyal to your employer? Didn't think so.

Football is big business and big business is all about money. Therefore players should try and make as much as they can whilst they can, after all there is another 50 years of life to live after they retire.

you missed the point, and i never said it was disgusting

im sorry but that attitude really shits me

'let's just throw money at players and they will come running'

Did you miss football 1880-1980s? Football "loyalty" is a recent media myth. Things are just going back to normal. Players have always gone where the money is. If that attitude shits you, sook about it on another board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you miss football 1880-1980s? Football "loyalty" is a recent media myth. Things are just going back to normal. Players have always gone where the money is. If that attitude shits you, sook about it on another board.

again you missed the point, it's not the attitude of the players that shits me

but i'll respect your wishes and not 'sook' about it on your board

:rolleyes:

I think he's be a great pickup, perfect age, good experience, all that sorta stuff..

It would be great if he's agreed to join us! And if he has (which he should because Sydney > Adelaide) we'll know if he doesn't sign on with Port during the season. Either a deal's already been done, or he'll stay with Port.

According to Crackers Keenan Dane Swan is a done deal and will be Captain of GWS. Have to watch the news throughout the season to see what Swan says regarding his future at the Pies.

Would be a good pick up.

It would be excellent news for the Giants if Crackers was on the money, but there's plenty of room for doubt.. Don't the rest of the playing group usually get some input into who the captain is?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back