BF Awards POTY 2015: Congratulations nickgrant69 | Trident and Rising Star winners announced!

Who will win?

• Crimson Azure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was obvious. Striker475 has been under-delivering on the field and over-delivering in the clubs since his debut
Well someone has to write the Best Club Toilet to do a Line of Cocaine off a Hooker's **** Power Rankings...

If ever a POTY counter was to reflect 2013 it is this year. Demon 16 , A11dAtP0w3R and Striker475 just screams M Jones, Terlich and Sylvia.
So who is the Toumpas, Watts & Dawes of 2015.

I nominate myself - the 'dropped pie' as the 2015 Neeld of the board.

When I'm not channeling courage wolf Cale that is.

I think I had more disposals then all three combined.

I am the Allen Jakovich of this year mate.
That's like starting at the top of Everest and skydiving in scuba gear, then after hitting water making your way down to the bottom of the Mariana Trench.

Hmm, tough one. I'll go with:
Toumpas - Tempy Tiger . Arrived on the scene to much fanfare and we expected big things but a few early setbacks (the Spencer thread) robbed the youngster of his confidence and after that he just looked a bit slow and unsure of himself.

Dawes - Dez! . Likes to throw his weight around and to regale the younger posters with stories of his heyday. Sadly, the aggressive outbursts are an obvious attempt to hide the fact that he contributes very little outside this. The mods will keep telling us that he plays his role well and is vital for our structure but we all know if there was a viable alternative available ol Dez! Would be doing the majority of his posting in the Casey Thread.

Watts - I'm actually going to say me. Performed well in preseason and people were starting to believe the breakout year was here. Unfortunately the extra intensity just didn't carry over to the regular season and the fans were disappointed yet again. Showed glimpses of excellent form and the talent is undoubtedly there but inconsistency and a perceived lack of effort will continue to be the reality until I fully commit to being the player you all want me to be.

Dawes - Dez! he plays his role well and is vital for our structure but we all know if there was a viable alternative available ol Dez! Would be doing the majority of his posting in the Toumpas, Watts or pick your random hate thread.
Fixed.

Hey we have ten posters for that!

We can't all be the so proclaimed sodium pentothal of the board. None of us a truth speakers but we are all crap on.

And we know the saying about nickgrant69, I mean opinions.

;)

Meds, I think at this stage Kent is your man. Most of the time out but can show a bit when around.

I thought it was obvious. Striker475 has been under-delivering on the field and over-delivering in the clubs since his debut

If i was one of Terlich or MJones i would have necked myself already. #teamfirst

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those of you who are unaware, there is a discretionary badge handed out by the mods on the occasion they deem it appropriate (usually at the end of the season but not always).

This is the Trident and it is for posters "who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board". Medals Page

trident_II.PNG

All 4 mods Crimson Azure Captain Jack RandB and ThePuppetMaster agreed that there is a worthy recipient this year for their time and efforts spent on the Dees board.

We generally look beyond just posting to see what other ways posters can benefit the board when it comes to the Trident.

This year's winner is a bit of an all rounder. He goes hard on BF as the medals on his profile suggest. We certainly appreciate his assistance on the Dees board whether it be organising threads like the UF thread in the 'Hell' sub board or running the UP recruitment thread every year and penning many top class UPs himself. The amount of 2016 threads this poster has made shows his enthusiasm for discussion and all things MFC. No doubt there are other areas where he has volunteered for duty that have not been mentioned here.

Ultimately we just like how this poster gets involves at every level on the board, offers his time, promotes discussion (both serious footy talk and light hearted) and generally respects other posters. This is also reflected in his continual high polling in the POTY.

This year's recipient of the Trident is Striker475

121722.jpg

Thanks Striker475 for all the time and effort you put into the Dees board, its efforts like yours which make the board a better place.

Get around him!

P.S. hope they can find some room on your profile for another badge.

The Rising Star award is recognition of notable posting (in a good way) of a first year poster i.e. join date 2015.

It is probably the worst kept secret who this year's winner is. 4000 posts racked up in quick time. Great commentary whether it be football related, social or mere observational has had most of us consumed on one level or another. This poster dipped their toes in the UP water and we like that. Not afraid to share personal experiences and favourite recipes or just unload what ever thought is going through their mind at any given time on the internet.

They're no turkey, it's Proper Gander

160017.jpg

Thanks for joining us on the Dees board PG, some how I think you'll fit in here more so than on Demonland or Demonology. Your badge is on the way!

The Rising Star award is recognition of notable posting (in a good way) of a first year poster i.e. join date 2015.

It is probably the worst kept secret who this year's winner is. He racked up over 4000 posts in quick time. His commentary whether it be football related, social or mere observational has had most of us consumed on one level or another. He dipped his toes in the UP water and we like that. He's not afraid to share his personal experiences and favourite recipes or just unload what ever thought is going through his mind at any given time on the internet.

He's no turkey, he's Proper Gander

160017.jpg

Thanks for joining us on the Dees board PG, some how I think you'll fit in here more so than on Demonland or Demonology.

No turkey and maybe not even a gander...? What is certain is that Proper Gander is a worthy Rising Star award winner and easily one of Bigfooty's most interesting posters. :thumbsu:

For those of you who are unaware, there is a discretionary badge handed out by the mods on the occasion they deem it appropriate (usually at the end of the season but not always).

This is the Trident and it is for posters "who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board". Medals Page

trident_II.PNG

All 4 mods Crimson Azure Captain Jack RandB and ThePuppetMaster agreed that there is a worthy recipient this year for their time and efforts spent on the Dees board.

We generally look beyond just posting to see what other ways posters can benefit the board when it comes to the Trident.

This year's winner is a bit of an all rounder. He goes hard on BF as the medals on his profile suggest. We certainly appreciate his assistance on the Dees board whether it be organising threads like the UF thread in the 'Hell' sub board or running the UP recruitment thread every year and penning many top class UPs himself. The amount of 2016 threads this poster has made shows his enthusiasm for discussion and all things MFC. No doubt there are other areas where he has volunteered for duty that have not been mentioned here.

Ultimately we just like how this poster gets involves at every level on the board, offers his time, promotes discussion (both serious footy talk and light hearted) and generally respects other posters. This is also reflected in his continual high polling in the POTY.

This year's recipient of the Trident is Striker475

121722.jpg

Thanks Striker475 for all the time and effort you put into the Dees board, its efforts like yours which make the board a better place.

Get around him!

P.S. hope they can find some room on your profile for another badge.
Does this mean I have to delete the picture above?

It is probably the worst kept secret who this year's winner is. 4000 posts racked up in quick time. Great commentary whether it be football related, social or mere observational has had most of us consumed on one level or another. This poster dipped their toes in the UP water and we like that. Not afraid to share personal experiences and favourite recipes or just unload what ever thought is going through their mind at any given time on the internet.

They're no turkey, it's Proper Gander

160017.jpg

Thanks for joining us on the Dees board PG, some how I think you'll fit in here more so than on Demonland or Demonology. Your badge is on the way!
Many thanks for these kind words.

Paul Roos spoke warmly at this years Best and Fairest about Jesse Hogan's rising star and how it wasn't just a victory for Jesse but in real terms a victory for the whole team. I'm sure I am not alone in calling bullshit, plus wishing Jesse had screamed "it's my ******* award" before flipping Roosy the bird then crash tackling him to the ground - it's hard to love Jesse more but this would have been completely awesome.

On a more serious note, I'm humbled and honoured as well as pleased to see that in today's internet universe, terrifyingly large statistics accumulated though incontinent Tourettes-style drivel can still match it with those that reflect and research. It will be a bleak day for Bigfooty when actual knowledge becomes a threshold requirement for entry. As it is I may increase the Coopers ration for the 500 monkeys I have chained to 500 keyboards with instructions to just mash it 24/7 under my alias.

I look forward in 2016 to collecting vaguely AFL related social justice issues to drag into light only to be first deconstructed then eaten by Cannon. To Cannon and A11, I would like to gift you all the Heretiers you can eat, a national women's competition and peace for all campaigners.

Heartfelt congratulations to NG69 and Striker. Please let us know which mod to PM to organise collection of our investment portfolios.

:)

I seriously hate emoticons but felt this time one was warranted.

Also - who or what is demonology? Demonland is one of the spookiest things I have seen ever. It can't get worse surely.

I will say thanks...but first, if one gave instructions on posting here:

You bums are all right. We disagree, we squirm in frustration, we try to sack coaches, and most importantly we love the institution of the MFC, despite the constant misery it inflicts on us all. This joint is an outlet for our suffering and we all do it with aplomb.

In the immortal words of Homer Simpson:

Go Dees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back