POTY 2019 Nominations

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1553158879257-png.638837

Last edited:
How did I not see this before?!

Here Socrates2 was all preseason, offering his opinion to anyone who would listen like he was some kind of seasoned pro.

#fraud
I didn't know a humorous Bay 13 flogarecktomy was considered genuine Supercoach talk.
My proper team has been very disappointing, I'm around 20,000 rank.I had too many high priced disappointments like Laird, Sicily, Oliver and traded Williams, Fyfe, Lycett and Gawn early because I'm an idiot. Also traded in Twitfield and Westhoff.
Sydney Stack was my best rookie and happy with Tim Kelly and Dunkley. I came close to winning the $1000 in one round but there's no doubt I have made some knee jerk trades which have hobbled me.

I didn't know a humorous Bay 13 flogarecktomy was considered genuine Supercoach talk.
My proper team has been very disappointing, I'm around 20,000 rank.I had too many high priced disappointments like Laird, Sicily, Oliver and traded Williams, Fyfe, Lycett and Gawn early because I'm an idiot. Also traded in Twitfield and Westhoff.
Sydney Stack was my best rookie and happy with Tim Kelly and Dunkley.
Mate, don't get too salty over that little ribbing I gave you.

I'm only calling you out for trying to pass yourself off like an experienced campaigner during the preseason.

I came close to winning the $1000 in one round but there's no doubt I have made some knee jerk trades which have hobbled me.

Post proof plz.

Mate, don't get too salty over that little ribbing I gave you.

I'm only calling you out for trying to pass yourself off like an experienced campaigner during the preseason.

Post proof plz.
Pincrusher tagged me when it happened,
Screenshot_20190708-232523_Chrome.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the Rd4 trades thread where I sold the Rohan Marshall SP dream. :moustache:

I'm going to play devils advocate for Marshall because I'm a smart arse and bored. He's 23.5 years old, the same age as Grundy was at the start of last year so it's not like he just started playing. LOL But he's a forward that only just started rucking in recent years and you're an idiot even comparing him to Grundy and you would be right, Grundy is not a good comparison.

I would then remind you of another mid pricer from a few years ago who also happened to be in his mid twenties at the time, was known more as an underachieving KP forward who occasionally pinch hit in the ruck. Anyway, he had missed a lot of games in his first few years through not being a good enough KP forward and also injury prone. Well this one year all the rucks at his new club went down injured by mid season and he was their last resort even though he was a bit undersized to play 1st ruck there was literally no one else, so he came in and played the last 12 games of that season. Because he had played only 5 games the previous year, he was fairly cheap in SC 240k IIRC. Some coaches traded him in on the bubble because he somehow arsed 2 tonnes & because he was R/F DPP thinking he might be a decent punt to hold down F6 and offered some ruck cover as well. At the time I thought those first 2 scores as sole ruck were a fluke, that he was unproven as a ruckman, that he would get found out and laughed at the idiots who traded him in. Fools gold I said, will not average 100+ I said. That player was Stef Martin and he averaged 111 from those 12 games. He's been a ruck SP ever since. The end/

Not saying what I scored or where I'm ranked overall any more.

Let's just say I scored s**t and my overall is s**t.

PS.

I hate SuperCoach!!!!

Juddy, JM, the big Juddmeister…. Can I call you Juddy?

Now listen here, Juddman, I can see you’re down, can see you’re hurting.

You’re in an unfamiliar situation. You’re packing your bags for Thredbo at a time you’d normally be getting ready to smite minnows in league finals and put the frighteners on the front runners in the hunt for overall. This season might end up going out with a whimper, not a bang.

I feel your pain. The community feels your pain. The SC Gods feel your … yeah, nah, they’re laughing their heads off at campaigners like us. But nobody invites them around for a beer and they won’t be copping a Chrissie card any time soon, the mongrel dogs, so I digress, Juddster. Can I call you Juddster?

As one of the doyens of SC on this board, the Chuck Yeager of SC, the man who broke through the sound barrier when he introduced the world to the Roughy Maneuver, you, sir, are a standard bearer. You’ve got more SC talent in your pinkie than some folks have in their entire bodies. A trading savant, a spotter of talent par excellence, a lifelong fan of the colour ruby. (And not without reason, it must be said.)

And as we all know, JM: To whom much is given, from him much is expected.

There are young kids around here furtively eyeing off their first Single Roughie, crying out to push the envelope but unsure if they’re writing checks their bodies can’t cash.

And it’s to these kids who look up to you that you owe it to remain upbeat in the face of adversity, to take that s**t sandwich this year has served up, slam it down whole and scull a yardglass without skipping a beat. Those kids need to see that you just can’t beat the person who won’t give up.

Winners never quit, quitters never win and the standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

And the Juddy I know accepts nothing less than to put the foot to the floor and go hard to the finish line. The Juddy I know doesn’t let a couple of insignificant doughies get him down.

Your fundamentals are and have always been sound. You don’t stick at or near the top of the rankings from the word go year-in year-out without them. And the reality is that a huge factor in doing well overall is getting the starting squad right. Yes, it’s possible to mount a charge from further back, like 50k after 5 weeks, but only for a respectable finish, it’s highly unlikely that all the leaders fall over.

Apply a couple of tweaks to the formula by all means, hold back the odd trade, mix it up in pot and make it spicy with a dash of mid-price madness (enobrien is on the right track, here, I reckon – those 2-3 well-chosen midpricers can make all the difference, how much further beyond that you’re keen to go, you’ll see once we get a hold of next year’s prices). But don’t throw the bathwater out with the baby, Judd Dog.

I know you can do it. I know you will do it. Now get out there and bloody do it. Do it for frothies, do it for cashies, do it for quintuple Roughies, do it for Ruby.

This Public Service Announcement was brought to you by the letters V & B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back