Powderfinger 20-1

DIG

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
6. Belter
Love how it starts off slow, and then kicks off huge! Especially love Cogsy's drums at the start. Saw them open a gig with this song once, fantastic opener.
Great song! My band (which is VERY casual) has a crack at this from time to time as it's fun to play. The guitaring at the very start is unusual and tricky at first even though it sounds so simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eDPS

Devon Goods
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Here is my 20
20. Process this
19. Don't Panic
18. These Days
17. Like A Dog
16. Waiting For The Sun
15. Pick You Up
14. My Kind Of Scene
13. Love Your Way
12. Passenger
11. Already Gone
10. The Day You Come
9. Since You've Been Gone
8. Don't Wanna Be Left Out
7. Sunsets
6. Stumblin
5. Bless My Soul
4. My Happiness
3. Rockin Rocks
2. On My Mind
1. D.A.F

Vooligan

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2011
Sellicks Beach
AFL Club
Adelaide
3. Thrilloilogy
I absolutely love the progressive/ballady instrumental in the middle of this song, then the vocals come in softly and then finishes loud again. Right up my ally, and hence why it sits at number 3 on my list. It's also an oddly-long song for Powderfinger, at 6 minutes, which is a nice change from their usual short and sharp songs.

DIG

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
3. Thrilloilogy
I absolutely love the progressive/ballady instrumental in the middle of this song, then the vocals come in softly and then finishes loud again. Right up my ally, and hence why it sits at number 3 on my list. It's also an oddly-long song for Powderfinger, at 6 minutes, which is a nice change from their usual short and sharp songs.
Thank god you love Thrilliology too as it's probably my favourite. Wasn't sure if it would be in your top 3 or miss the cut. They loved playing this song live too, was always epic.

Vooligan

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2011
Sellicks Beach
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thank god you love Thrilliology too as it's probably my favourite. Wasn't sure if it would be in your top 3 or miss the cut. They loved playing this song live too, was always epic.
It was initially my number one, but I changed my mind. Such a brilliant song though, and one of my favourites to see live as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lincsPJ

Premiership Player
Apr 18, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
20. who really cares
19. pockets
18. take me in
17. a song called everything
16. like a dog
15. jc
14. dont wanna be left out
13. these days
12. celebrity head
11. thrilloilogy
10. passenger
9. oipic
8. belter
7. waiting for the sun
6. the day you come
5. pick you up
4. daf
3. already gone
2. capoicity
1. living type

nobbyiscool

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 11, 2006
Democratic People's Republic of Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Raiders/TasTigers/MV/Iggles
List loses credibility with no "The day you come". It's a ******* amazing song.

I know people who argue that Odyssey Number 5 is the best Australian album of the last 25 years. For me though, it's not even better than Internationalist. I still listen to it on the train at least once every 2-3 weeks.

JackOutback

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
List loses credibility with no "The day you come". It's a ******* amazing song.

I know people who argue that Odyssey Number 5 is the best Australian album of the last 25 years. For me though, it's not even better than Internationalist. I still listen to it on the train at least once every 2-3 weeks.
Both great albums, Odyssey is just a little more accessible for the mainstream though, which is why it had more success.

Last edited:

DIG

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Internationalist was more of a cohesive album for mine. But Odyssey had even better stand out tracks (the metre, thriollogy, these days etc).

Champion team vs Team of Champions kind of thing. I slightly prefer Odyssey of the two.

Top Bottom