Dude Lebowski

Team Captain
Aug 9, 2005
Hobart
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Hobart Hurricanes
My favourite Australian band to this day. Still remember seeing them on the Double Allergic tour and playing the whole album including all the hidden songs and then just Tail off the previous album. Still one of best shows I've seen to this day.

Was a shame Bernard went solo and sold a truck load of albums, or they still may be going round. Not a huge fan of his solo stuff to be honest, think the band were a sum of all parts. Anyway, very hard to whittle down to just 20 songs. I only have 1 song off Vulture Street, very good album all up, but not as many standouts in my opinion.

1 - Passenger
2 - The Day You Come
3 - These Days - Original Version
4 - The Metre
5 - D.A.F
6 - Pick You Up
7 - Living Type
8 - Oipic
9 - Thrilloilogy
10 - Up & Down & Back Again
11 - Waiting For The Sun
12 - Vladmir (DA Bonus Song)
13 - Trading Places
14 - Capoicity
15 - Wishing On The Same Moon
16 - Since You’ve Been Gone
17 - My Kind Of Scene
18 - Nobody Sees
19 - Already Gone
20 - A Fight About Money

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
My favourite Australian band to this day. Still remember seeing them on the Double Allergic tour and playing the whole album including all the hidden songs and then just Tail off the previous album. Still one of best shows I've seen to this day.

Was a shame Bernard went solo and sold a truck load of albums, or they still may be going round. Not a huge fan of his solo stuff to be honest, think the band were a sum of all parts. Anyway, very hard to whittle down to just 20 songs. I only have 1 song off Vulture Street, very good album all up, but not as many standouts in my opinion.

1 - Passenger
2 - The Day You Come
3 - These Days - Original Version
4 - The Metre
5 - D.A.F
6 - Pick You Up
7 - Living Type
8 - Oipic
9 - Thrilloilogy
10 - Up & Down & Back Again
11 - Waiting For The Sun
12 - Vladmir (DA Bonus Song)
13 - Trading Places
14 - Capoicity
15 - Wishing On The Same Moon
16 - Since You’ve Been Gone
17 - My Kind Of Scene
18 - Nobody Sees
19 - Already Gone
20 - A Fight About Money

Where's Good Day Ray :mad:

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
3. Thrilloilogy

I absolutely love the progressive/ballady instrumental in the middle of this song, then the vocals come in softly and then finishes loud again. Right up my ally, and hence why it sits at number 3 on my list. It's also an oddly-long song for Powderfinger, at 6 minutes, which is a nice change from their usual short and sharp songs.

Yeh I'm not a big Powderfinger fan but that middle-section is hypnotic. That and Up & Down and Back Again are probably the best tracks from that album, but it's far and away their best.

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I still think it's somewhat a shame that they really didn't go on after Vulture Street, and i don't mean to devalue their last two albums...

But they really didn't need to disappear there after as a band in terms of keeping up with high quality albums....

They could have released 3-4 more great albums at this point, but not to be.

They aren't the only band to disappear, Outkast was another band that never did much after 2003 and a lot of other groups stopped as well.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Some bands prefer to go out on a high rather than risk irrelevance. Can't blame them really, even though I, for example, love every new Pearl Jam album despite mainstream critics and fans showing little to no interest.

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll
I still think it's somewhat a shame that they really didn't go on after Vulture Street, and i don't mean to devalue their last two albums...

But they really didn't need to disappear there after as a band in terms of keeping up with high quality albums....

They could have released 3-4 more great albums at this point, but not to be.

They aren't the only band to disappear, Outkast was another band that never did much after 2003 and a lot of other groups stopped as well.
True in a way, Bernard went out on his own twice. While I don't mind some of his solo music, I preferred the earlier from the band.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back