Powderfinger 20-1

Remove this Banner Ad

6. Belter

Love how it starts off slow, and then kicks off huge! Especially love Cogsy's drums at the start. Saw them open a gig with this song once, fantastic opener.

Great song! My band (which is VERY casual) has a crack at this from time to time as it's fun to play. The guitaring at the very start is unusual and tricky at first even though it sounds so simple.

Great song! My band (which is VERY casual) has a crack at this from time to time as it's fun to play. The guitaring at the very start is unusual and tricky at first even though it sounds so simple.
Would love to see a video if you have one! I enjoy a good cover. :)

It's a great song with the politics.
I probably needed to choose my words more carefully. It's not the topic per say, but more that I do prefer my songs without political undertones whether I agree with them or not. :)

Anything political in Powderfinger songs is very agreeable with my own views.

Here is my 20
20. Process this
19. Don't Panic
18. These Days
17. Like A Dog
16. Waiting For The Sun
15. Pick You Up
14. My Kind Of Scene
13. Love Your Way
12. Passenger
11. Already Gone
10. The Day You Come
9. Since You've Been Gone
8. Don't Wanna Be Left Out
7. Sunsets
6. Stumblin
5. Bless My Soul
4. My Happiness
3. Rockin Rocks
2. On My Mind
1. D.A.F

3. Thrilloilogy

I absolutely love the progressive/ballady instrumental in the middle of this song, then the vocals come in softly and then finishes loud again. Right up my ally, and hence why it sits at number 3 on my list. It's also an oddly-long song for Powderfinger, at 6 minutes, which is a nice change from their usual short and sharp songs.

3. Thrilloilogy

I absolutely love the progressive/ballady instrumental in the middle of this song, then the vocals come in softly and then finishes loud again. Right up my ally, and hence why it sits at number 3 on my list. It's also an oddly-long song for Powderfinger, at 6 minutes, which is a nice change from their usual short and sharp songs.

Thank god you love Thrilliology too as it's probably my favourite. Wasn't sure if it would be in your top 3 or miss the cut. They loved playing this song live too, was always epic.

Thank god you love Thrilliology too as it's probably my favourite. Wasn't sure if it would be in your top 3 or miss the cut. They loved playing this song live too, was always epic.
It was initially my number one, but I changed my mind. Such a brilliant song though, and one of my favourites to see live as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

20. who really cares
19. pockets
18. take me in
17. a song called everything
16. like a dog
15. jc
14. dont wanna be left out
13. these days
12. celebrity head
11. thrilloilogy
10. passenger
9. oipic
8. belter
7. waiting for the sun
6. the day you come
5. pick you up
4. daf
3. already gone
2. capoicity
1. living type

And without further ado, it's time for number one.

1. Pick You Up

Have loved this song from the moment I heard it. It's another one that starts off slow, and finishes on a high. I especially love Bernard's high vocals at the end.

List loses credibility with no "The day you come". It's a ******* amazing song.

I know people who argue that Odyssey Number 5 is the best Australian album of the last 25 years. For me though, it's not even better than Internationalist. I still listen to it on the train at least once every 2-3 weeks.

List loses credibility with no "The day you come". It's a ******* amazing song.

I know people who argue that Odyssey Number 5 is the best Australian album of the last 25 years. For me though, it's not even better than Internationalist. I still listen to it on the train at least once every 2-3 weeks.
Both great albums, Odyssey is just a little more accessible for the mainstream though, which is why it had more success.

Last edited:
4. Already Gone

Due to popular demand! No, not really. Due to it being a ripper of a song! :D
Also, not singing the countdown in this song should be considered a crime.

This is a great selection

probably my favourite

And without further ado, it's time for number one.

1. Pick You Up

Have loved this song from the moment I heard it. It's another one that starts off slow, and finishes on a high. I especially love Bernard's high vocals at the end.

looks like powderfinger will be played in the car tomorrow

thanks for the memories

Remove this Banner Ad

Back