Power Balance

Remove this Banner Ad

Stokes has a few mates at hawthorn, makes sense I guess.

West Coast.

30sy9hv.jpg

I have seen 3 or 4 people wearing one of these bands in the last week. None showed any signs of average or above average intelligence, which may or may not be attributed to the band.

Surely it's false advertising by them? I just noticed they're selling them at Rebel Sport now.

http://www.rebelsport.com.au/ecom/rebel/product_detail.aspx?id=34556&cat=

In the description they say:

"

• You've seen them on the top athletes throughout the world, such as NBA, Surfing Champs, Nascar Drivers & NRL Stars.
  • The bands are simply a wearable wristband that gives you increased balance, strength and flexibility.
  • Benefits include: Increased balance, Strength & flexibility.
  • NRG holograms are embedded with frequencies that react positively with your body's natural energy field to improve balance, strength & flexibility.
  • When the hologram comes into contact with your body's energy field, the body interacts with the natural frequency stored within the hologram. The result is increased positive energy flow through the body.
  • You must wear the band to achieve the benefits.
  • They can be worn on the wrist or the ankle under socks, NRL players have them strapped during games, NBA players wear them in team colours.
  • Sizes: Small 175mm, Medium 190mm, Large 205mm, all measurements are the circumfrence of the band (the length of the band if cut and layed flat)"
Are they able to sell it with those claims without any proof?

Good to see NASCAR drivers wearing them. Balance is important when driving a car.

Dropped a Collingwood supporter off home from the station after the final on Saturday night.

Was going to rob him blind until I noticed he was wearing a power balance band, normally I'd back myself but his increased strength and balance would've made the task a whole lot harder.

If I was wearing a band would the positive energy from mine counter his band? Or would we make a crater in the ground dragon ball Z style?

Dropped a Collingwood supporter off home from the station after the final on Saturday night.

Was going to rob him blind until I noticed he was wearing a power balance band, normally I'd back myself but his increased strength and balance would've made the task a whole lot harder.

If I was wearing a band would the positive energy from mine counter his band? Or would we make a crater in the ground dragon ball Z style?

It would have been over 5000!

some really smart people can be really dumb

my uni lecturer has a Bachelors Nuclear physics and Marketing and Phd's in psychology and Mathematics

of all people you think he'd be able to figure out a scam like this when he sees one but no.
:(

These are the only Power Bands that I will ever need - and a fraction of the cost...

http://www.christianbook.com/power-band-witness-bracelet/5103278715/pd/78715

Had a rep come in the other day and try and sell a new brand of these things the other day, I basically told him we are not interested in selling products that are clearly scam material and that kicked the sales pitch... I was not so polite when he started preaching that crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty straight-forward and anybody who has ever done even one subject of neuroscience would know this. These "tests" are just modified spinal reflexes, but by doing the test once without the band, you've actually "trained" your motor control centres and the second time around you'll have better reflexes. Try this test with an elastic band the second time, or both times without the bracelet, or reverse the order so that you do it with the bracelet first and then without.

Or, just don't bother, because bracelets are for girls.

The inevitable has happened. Shame it took so long.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/power-balance-gets-a-wrist-slap-20101120-181z2.html

THE distributors of the popular Power Balance wristbands have been ordered to drop ''misleading'' claims that they improve flexibility, balance and strength.
The Therapeutic Goods Complaints Resolution Panel found there was no evidence that the wristbands used by sports stars including AFL players Brendan Fevola and Jack Riewoldt helped to improve performance.
The panel said the claims were false and misleading and breached the therapeutic goods advertising code. It demanded they be withdrawn and a retraction published on the Power Balance website by tomorrow week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back