chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Is there anyone who supports Port Adelaide (Power) in the AFL but support a SANFL club other than Port Adelaide (Magpies)?
Do these kind of people exist or are they simply mythical creatures?
My ex is Power/North. Three friends are Power/Norwood (one used to be Adelaide/Norwood).
I’ve seen guys from the Sturt Cheersquad dressed in Power garb also.
I’d say there’s a big crossover.

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Port Hedland
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Glory, Hammarby, Ajax, Canadiens
Always thought there would be a considerable chunk of people who were <insert said sanfl club> before the AFL and the decided to either jump on the Power in the AFL or jumped on the Crows first then jumped on the Power, similar to what happened in WA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Always thought there would be a considerable chunk of people who were <insert said sanfl club> before the AFL and the decided to either jump on the Power in the AFL or jumped on the Crows first then jumped on the Power, similar to what happened in WA.
An old boss of mine in Port Adelaide itself followed Port Magpies and Adelaide when they came in, never jumped on Power later as many did.

BronCrow

All Australian
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Is there anyone who supports Port Adelaide (Power) in the AFL but support a SANFL club other than Port Adelaide (Magpies)?
Do these kind of people exist or are they simply mythical creatures?
Believe me, they exist, and in far greater numbers than people who follow both the Power and the Magpies, or those who run the club today, would ever be willing to accept. Also people that follow the Magpies but not the Power, some going so far as to say that the Power have stolen the Magpies history.

Alex09

Debutant
May 15, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I have always followed Port Magpies but never Port Power. I personally know sturt fans who are Port Power supporters and Port Magpies fans who are Collingwood or Crows in the AFL. It's getting less common since the Power and Magpies merged in 2013 but was not that unusual particularly in the beginning of the Power era. At the time Port Power went out of it's way to separate itself from the Magpies as a separate entity so it is hardly surprising. Given how much the Power now celebrates and endorses the Magpies heritage then it would seem strange to someone younger as to how you could support one and not the other.

Top Bottom