Power fans who support other clubs in the SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there anyone who supports Port Adelaide (Power) in the AFL but support a SANFL club other than Port Adelaide (Magpies)?
Do these kind of people exist or are they simply mythical creatures?
My ex is Power/North. Three friends are Power/Norwood (one used to be Adelaide/Norwood).
I’ve seen guys from the Sturt Cheersquad dressed in Power garb also.
I’d say there’s a big crossover.

Always thought there would be a considerable chunk of people who were <insert said sanfl club> before the AFL and the decided to either jump on the Power in the AFL or jumped on the Crows first then jumped on the Power, similar to what happened in WA.

Always thought there would be a considerable chunk of people who were <insert said sanfl club> before the AFL and the decided to either jump on the Power in the AFL or jumped on the Crows first then jumped on the Power, similar to what happened in WA.
An old boss of mine in Port Adelaide itself followed Port Magpies and Adelaide when they came in, never jumped on Power later as many did.

Is there anyone who supports Port Adelaide (Power) in the AFL but support a SANFL club other than Port Adelaide (Magpies)?
Do these kind of people exist or are they simply mythical creatures?
Believe me, they exist, and in far greater numbers than people who follow both the Power and the Magpies, or those who run the club today, would ever be willing to accept. Also people that follow the Magpies but not the Power, some going so far as to say that the Power have stolen the Magpies history.

I have always followed Port Magpies but never Port Power. I personally know sturt fans who are Port Power supporters and Port Magpies fans who are Collingwood or Crows in the AFL. It's getting less common since the Power and Magpies merged in 2013 but was not that unusual particularly in the beginning of the Power era. At the time Port Power went out of it's way to separate itself from the Magpies as a separate entity so it is hardly surprising. Given how much the Power now celebrates and endorses the Magpies heritage then it would seem strange to someone younger as to how you could support one and not the other.

Like Alex09, I'm the opposite way around - in my case Port Adelaide Magpies and Collingwood (but I never lived in Adelaide).

Which "way around" is more common, do you think?

There's a few South Adelaide supporters I know that go for the Power ⚡
I’m a Norwood/Crows guy, that followed the Demons prior to the Crows becoming a thing. This came about because I had an extended posting to Melbourne (late 70s/early 80s. I initially took notice of the Demons because I already had the Norwood scarf 😁. After moving out of Watsonia Barracks, I moved in with 2 young ladies in Richmond, so could wander down to the MCG on a Sat arvo.. good times and much enjoyment (watching the great Robbie Flower) even though the team struggled at times.
So, close mate who grew up in the Glenelg area, played some junior footy for them and supports the Bays, is a mad Power supporter and hates the Crows. Most of my other mates all went to SHC and are either Bays or Panthers and Crows supporters apart from one who supports the Saints after living in their area in his construction career.
Then there’s the mate who will talk Motorcycle racing but hates footy.
Too much off thread? 😊

I’m a Norwood/Crows guy, that followed the Demons prior to the Crows becoming a thing. This came about because I had an extended posting to Melbourne (late 70s/early 80s.

I know plenty of dees fans in Melbourne who barrack for Norwood in the SANFL.

I go for Tigers in the VFL and WAFL, and Panthers in the SANFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back