Power needs balls and blinkers

Remove this Banner Ad

rewind

Debutant
Mar 1, 2000
It is 1/4 time of the Essendon V Power match. Port if they want to make any kind of impression needs to go down the middle and stop playing like girls, any time Wallis or Barnard go near the ball they get scared.

They need to stop kicking it out on the full and play down the middle. Essendon aren't playing very well and are still beating them.

Hey Powermad, you need to kick goals to win games. You said that Blighting thlinks that they will make the 8. Well he changed his mind even b4 1/4 time.

GO THE BOMBERS

Couldn't agree with you any more dutchman, VERY VERY long season ahead for the power.

PORT POWER ARE AN EMBARASMENT TO ALL SOUTH AUSTRALIANS. GO THE BOMBERS AND THE BLOODS

Keep in mind that both last Grand Finallists lost in round one last year!
wink.gif

Look, Port were shocking tonight, but at least they can only get better....

Let's keep it in perspective guys, its only round one and frankly Essendon are almost peaking too early.

Also I can't remember a time when we had our best players all available and match fit at the same time since, well since 93 (!) - that's not going to be permanent situation.

Imagine having Mercuri, Long, Hird, Lloyd, Wellman, Flether & Hardwick(basically our top 7) all on the field and fit at the same time all year (ala Carlton 95 and North 1995-99) - makes you think what might have been over the past few years (not just 99). Be nice to get Lucas back as well.

Anyway, the lid is very definitely on the expectations factors in this camp.

Cheerio
Dutchy

I don't barrack for either, but like Dutchman says..keep it in perspective. There are 21 Rounds to go. Power are a better side than they showed on Thursday night and will most likely open their account against Fremantle next week. Essendon clearly are the team to beat, but if Lloyd is out for a couple of weeks due to injury or possibly a suspension, Essendon clearly won't have the same firepower. The result may very well be reversed next time Essendon meet Port and if Bomber supporters think that can't/won't happen...remember Carlton on preliminary final day last year. If Essendon lose against Richmond and the Port win...well its back to nearly level pegging (apart from a bit of percentage). Personally I hope Essendon wallops Carlton when they play later this year.

99% agree Roylion.

The 1% disagreement is that we don't really lose that much when Lloyd's missing as someone else always seems to step up - Rioli, Bewick, Mercuri, Alessio - now Hird and soon Lucas... mind you, I'd still prefer to have Lloyd there anyday.

Good luck against the "old timers" on the weekend - not that you'll need it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back