Shagga is all Class

Premiership Player
May 15, 2005
Beneath the Blue and White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Pretty obvious posters are happy with the prospect of Wells, Harvey, NDS and only one tag.

North will probably take the tag from time to time directly to HBF or HFF where the tagger will not get the help in the midfield from the blocking, tackling and general congestion. We could win all three positions if one is allowed to read the play from the flanks.

Still remember Heath Shaw getting dragged to the square by Hansen with our 3 talls policy. Was funny to see Shaw going off at his captain for being a selfish seagull looking for an easy chip coughed up due to his midfield.

3 clearance and tacking machines in the middle. Tick.

Can we have 3 run and carry rebounding defenders with the odd deadly peg or 3? Tick.

Can we have 3 talls picking off intercept marks if our midfield is on top? Tick.

Could we line up forward with 3 talls and 3 real smalls during a game? Yep reckon we can do that.

Don't think Scott will have too many excuses in the box now. He can certainly make moves during a game as well.

North should be holding the tactical whip hand with the options and ability to exploit the opposition weaknesses and counter strengths.

Im concerned about 2015 onward. They're all old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
check our list and pick players who will be able to play in those roles that are currently played by the older players.
Who do you think will replace Drew Petrie once he retires?
Ask the same questions about Boomer, Wells, NDS, Firrito, McMahon, Grima.

I personally see Atley replacing wellsy, Ziebell replacing boomer, cunnington replacing NDS, Garner replacing Firrito, Hansen replacing Grima, Hine replacing mcmahon, Black replacing Petrie.
It's all about development of our current list. Yes we need the older players to fire up and do what's needed but we need the youngsters on our list to also show what they are made of.

check our list and pick players who will be able to play in those roles that are currently played by the older players.

I personally see Atley replacing wellsy, Ziebell replacing boomer, cunnington replacing NDS, Garner replacing Firrito, Hansen replacing Grima, Hine replacing mcmahon, Black replacing Petrie.
It's all about development of our current list. Yes we need the older players to fire up and do what's needed but we need the youngsters on our list to also show what they are made of.
I don't know if you were just talking about replacing a spot in the 22, but most of those matches you did are not like-for-like at all.

I see some of your replacement as very strange indeed, however I think we have good balance across all lines, already of the six you mention both Firritto and McMahon are depth players and Grima is holding on by his finger tips, we have several options for Drew.

My feeling is after delistings we will look something like this:

The Senior Team
FB: Hansen, Grima, Atley
HB: Del Santo, Thompson, Mullett
C: McKenzie, Cunnington, Wells
HF: Bastinac, Petrie, Harvey
FF: Tarrant, Black, Thomas
R: Goldstein, Swallow, Ziebell
Bench: Harper, Gibson, MacMillan, Adams
The Depth Team
FB: Wilkins, Firrito, Hine
HB: McMahon, Delaney, Sierakowski
C: Anthony, Greenwood, ????
HF: Wright, Curran, Garner
FF: ????, Daw, Wood
R: Currie, McDonald, Jacobs

Bench: McGenniss(r), Warren(r)
add to that two live draft picks and two rookie selections and we all know what Bryce will do with them;), I think we are in very good shape to move forward.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see some of your replacement as very strange indeed, however I think we have good balance across all lines, already of the six you mention both Firritto and McMahon are depth players and Grima is holding on by his finger tips, we have several options for Drew.

My feeling is after delistings we will look something like this:

The Senior Team
FB: Hansen, Grima, Atley
HB: Del Santo, Thompson, Mullett
C: McKenzie, Cunnington, Wells
HF: Bastinac, Petrie, Harvey
FF: Tarrant, Black, Thomas
R: Goldstein, Swallow, Ziebell
Bench: Harper, Gibson, MacMillan, Adams
The Depth Team
FB: Wilkins, Firrito, Hine
HB: McMahon, Delaney, Sierakowski
C: Anthony, Greenwood, ????
HF: Wright, Curran, Garner
FF: ????, Daw, Wood
R: Currie, McDonald, Jacobs

Bench: McGenniss(r), Warren(r)
add to that two live draft picks and two rookie selections and we all know what Bryce will do with them;), I think we are in very good shape to move forward.:)

The top 4 teams all played 2 ruckmen. One gets subbed out about 3/4 time for a mid. If Currie is up to it he could come in for Harper.

Who would people prefer to let play free?

You'd think it would likely be Boomer due to his age, which would be an absolute blessing.

If Dal takes a tag away from Wellsy for at least a few games, it's a serious win. The thought of Wells being let off the chain is scary, could definitely deliver on all the promise he has carried with him since he was drafted, and explode in 2014.

2014. The Year Of The Three.

Im hoping for a player to seize his chance whilst Spitta is on the side lines. Or will he play rd1?

Not sure anyone knows oz.

I will say that our midfield was pretty darn good without him in the last few weeks so he will be a nice addition.

I'd like to see Jacobs line in in rd. 1 after another pre-season, smart footballer, the club needs to back him in.

I think Atley will be the biggest improver with NDS on board,if he is moved into the midfield will dominate

I think one of the reasons most of us are excited that we have Dal on board is that he can possibly affect the output of many players in a positive way. Not only Atley, but Mullet, Wells, Harvey, Bastinac could potentially benefit from his inclusion into the team. And don't forget the service he'll provide to our forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back