Training Power Open Pre-Season Training Pics (Wednesday 20th December 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Obligatory who are these guys question.
Power%20Pre-Season%20Training%20Pics%20Wednesday%2020th%20December%202017%20020.jpg

Power%20Pre-Season%20Training%20Pics%20Wednesday%2020th%20December%202017%20026.jpg

Power%20Pre-Season%20Training%20Pics%20Wednesday%2020th%20December%202017%20084.jpg

Anyone who attends training (semi) regularly have any impartial thoughts on how the group has been training this pre-Xmas?

McKeown said they had "ramped it up" from previous seasons.

Just wondered whether the players were all putting in 100% effort, or whether some were going easy, thinking that all the mature aged recruits will solve their problems with the snap of a finger?

Not meaning to be disrespectful or anything - just curious to be aware of as to how the playing roster is attacking the upcoming season at this juncture!

Is the "hunger" there?

I've had trouble spotting DBJ in these excellent photos (& previous training photos). Maybe this is he:
View attachment 446617
I note in the injuries thread that PatientMental says he's on modified training, so I guess that's why.
EDIT: ongoing groin soreness apparently (preseason thread - smithy7 - Channel 7 report)

Last edited:
Thanks Pete. It is so fantastic to get so many pics for those of us who didn't get there. Love it.

I may be a little in love with my team but I am getting so excited for the start of the season. How good does Jack Watts look among our boys. Everywhere I look I get excited, Motlop, Watts,Treng(r)ove, LT ... was Rocky in those photos?

Charlie looks excited too. He is dreaming of not getting triple teamed in the forward line.

Thanks Pete. It is so fantastic to get so many pics for those of us who didn't get there. Love it.

I may be a little in love with my team but I am getting so excited for the start of the season. How good does Jack Watts look among our boys. Everywhere I look I get excited, Motlop, Watts,Treng(r)ove, LT ... was Rocky in those photos?

Charlie looks excited too. He is dreaming of not getting triple teamed in the forward line.

Charlie will still be dreaming. He's still going to get triple teamed lol. Watts won't be sharing inside 50 with too much I don't feel, as he'll likely be disposing of the ball I50 rather than receiving I50. It's Marshall we would need to come good in that respect.

Charlie will still be dreaming. He's still going to get triple teamed lol. Watts won't be sharing inside 50 with too much I don't feel, as he'll likely be disposing of the ball I50 rather than receiving I50. It's Marshall we would need to come good in that respect.
The difference is that Charlie will just get better delivery. Being triple teamed makes a difference if the ball's bombed on his head; it means much less if he's hit up on a lead or it's put into space for him to run on to.
Watts developed a very good understanding with Jesse Hogan at Melbourne, and they got to know each other's running patterns. When he got the ball on a fast break, he could anticipate where Hogan was likely to run and kicked it there before the defence had time to get organised.
Good to hear from yesterday's training report that while they were mostly positioned with Charlie deep & Watts up the ground, there were times when Charlie moved up the ground and Watts went deep, which Watts & Hogan did a lot, pulling their opponents into unfamiliar parts of the ground & creating more opportunities.
The potential of two key forwards who understand each other is immense - if it comes off. If Marshall comes good as he should, so much the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Supplimentary Interstate Players - 18 year olds. Will player SANFL Port Magpies.
Top: Sam Davison, Gold Coast/Qld Academy (I think)
Middle: Lewin Davis, Bendigo Pioneers TAC Cup
Bottom: Luke Valente, (as other poster suggested I think)
Top 2 are confirmed SANFL players but does this mean Luke Valente will sign soon?

Top 2 are confirmed SANFL players but does this mean Luke Valente will sign soon?

Valente would be there as part of the AIS Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back