Rules Power Outage Rule

Remove this Banner Ad

I was just disappointed nobody stormed the ground to burn down the goal posts.

I mean it happened in 1996...

They just need backup generators at major stadiums, especially if the GF ever switches to night time. It might not be feasible at all grounds or for lightning so they probably need a duckworth Lewis system too where it’s a time vs margin so it is fair if it gets called off.
That's assuming that the only issue is lack of power.
Could be a short, a fire, any number of issues with relying on artificial lighting.

Could be a short, a fire, any number of issues with relying on artificial lighting.

I read somewhere that the issue is a know problem and that substation is basically at the limit and it requires a major rebuild of the grid in that area to fix.

Good/bad news is, that that fix is part of the works planned for the Olympics. (so this could well happen again in the next few years, but it will be fixed before too long).

This is a terrible rule, seriously.

View attachment 1638559

1 team has massive motivation.
1 team has to try and contain their lead and not get injuries.

Brisbane just look to have copped 4 injuries in 12 minutes trying to run out a game that was already iced.

Melbourne and West Coast had a similar game with Melbourne’s role reversed previously a few seasons back.

Restarting the game is massively advantageous to the team that needs to try and close the gap.

Perhaps put an 18 point buffer in for whether or not to restart the game. If a margin is large, it’s not worth cooling all the players down to warm them back up in 8 minutes and run the game out, perfect storm for injuries.

Oh, and they should definitely update the rulebook to say 60 minutes, not 30 minutes.

What’s the general consensus on this?
Brisbane are a bunch sooks.

It was your dinosaur garbage stadium that went out so suck it up and deal with it flogs

They’re saying it was a failure of an underground cable. What we don’t know is whether the emergency generators, such as they are, would have also used the same underground cable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back