Power percentage

• Thread starter Mong
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

M

Mong

Hey Powermad

If the perfect conditions at Colonial help your percentage (your claim), imagine how much worse their percentage would be if they played elsewhere? It makes no difference when you play like that does it?

And how come they lost by so much. I thought Mike Sheehan said they were going to be good this year. If Mike said so then it must be true.

Well it certainly helped Essendon's percentage
redface.gif

I'm hoping that this game will be similar to last year's Ansett Cup Final, and Port can bounce back like they did in 1999. Next week against Freo will answer that.

Apart from Showdown I, Port has had a shocking history in its 'first-up' games - first Ansett Cup game, first home and away game, first home game, first Ansett Cup Grand Final, fisrt Final and now the debut match at Docklands.

Before all these games, much was made of the Port Adelaide Tradition, etc. Even for this game there were comments about Port 'having the honour' of being involved in the first game there.

I reckon some of the current group of players are finding the Port Tradition too much of a burden. Never mind, in time the no-hopers will be weeded out...

"I have never seen an honest game of football from port Adelaide, they are shocking"

Who takes ANY notice of what Newman thinks. His beloved Geelong had the honour of being the first team to lose to Port. I wonder what Sam would have said about the Cats that day. If he even bothered to watch the game.

Hey Powermad, what do you think of your beloved Port Power now, I think it was Port Pirie Power playing.

You say how the clun has tradition, maybe they should put their SANFL team into play seen tradition is so important.

It's all you Bomber fans who are setting yourselves up. Carrying on like you've already got this year's flag won. You'd think you lot would have learnt something from last year's prelim final embarrassment.

Oh well, keep it going. The disappointment will even worse if the Bombers mess it up again this year. If Kevin Sheedy and the players could see the way you w***ers are carrying on they'd take to you with the gaffer tape.

Pretty pathetic attempt at a deflection there PM. Expect more from you mate.

Most of us bomber supporters are just quietly confident. Doesn't mean I'm not goint to take the piss out of:

1. North: The "Real Deal Holyfield" premiers"

2. Carlton: Mutton dressed up as lamb pretenders.

Pretty much everyone else I respect... especially Brisbane.

To answer Don.

In Round 1, 1984, Carlton thumped North 199-62. Thus giving North a percentage of 31.2%.

However, I think the award must go to StKilda of 1985.

Their first 3 games:

Syd def Stk 176-66
Carl def StK 169-29
Rich def StK 211-98

This giving them a percentage of 34.7% three rounds into the season.

Hey Powermad can we suggest a few passionfruit sponge recipies- this footy season could be a really good opportunity for you to improve your cooking skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to enjoy reading all your excuses and justifications when Essendon lose a game. But of course I was forgetting, Essendon are going to be undefeated premiers this year aren't they - if they can avoid a close preliminary final
wink.gif

Hey Power Mad, look at the bright side, the Power can only go up, and the Bombers can only come down.

Go Pies. Premiers 2000....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back