Training Power Pre-Season Training Pics (Friday 23rd November 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

As has been mentioned in the past please refrain from captioning photos, especially to ridicule players. This will put PP's position at risk. The club does check this site.

Players shouldn't get so long off. They're extremely well paid - especially the bottom half of the list who don't even play AFL and get paid 6 figures or close to it - and should be required to be in and around the club and acting professionally for nearly the whole year.

I had a good look at AJ today, I would say that he has intentionally bulked up a bit.

He certainly didnt appear to be laboring during any of the drills and he completed the running no worries at all.

To be fair to AJ, there is a dark stripe to the right of his body formed by the black car & sign in the background, that along with the slight boop, creates an optical illusion that his torso is overly large. Remove that, and the appearance is nowhere near as bad as made out.

I would also say that more than one or two players are carrying an extra kilo or so after their holidays, I actually like the fact that he has a bit more weight on him. As has also been suggested by another poster, it might even have been part of his off-season goal. Will be interesting to see how he whips into shape in the preseason, and what he produces. Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I had a good look at AJ today, I would say that he has intentionally bulked up a bit.

He certainly didnt appear to be laboring during any of the drills and he completed the running no worries at all.

This isn't the case. I wish it was.

This isn't the case. I wish it was.

Either way, he didnt seem to be struggling carrying a couple extra kgs...

I have seen plenty of lads come back over weight and hardly be able to walk off the track at the end of a pre season session - Wingard of the last couple of years is a good example - AJ looks good out there and moving well.

If the fitness guys were overly concerned - he would be doing extra running work outside of the drills, but I have not seen this at all.

I have seen plenty of lads come back over weight and hardly be able to walk off the track at the end of a pre season session - Wingard of the last couple of years is a good example - AJ looks good out there and moving well.

If the fitness guys were overly concerned - he would be doing extra running work outside of the drills, but I have not seen this at all.
Cheers mate, nice to have that balanced out a bit.

They are concerned about his hamstrings, so the extra work that he does is not weight bearing.

To be fair, in the other photos he is in he doesn’t look out of shape at all. Maybe just exasperated a heap of air after some repeat efforts? Maybe he has jumped on the Keto diet and pre training had a carb intake? Many things could result in one unflattering photo, personally Ild be more worried by the horrific 1997 tattoo on the thigh!

As has been mentioned in the past please refrain from captioning photos, especially to ridicule players. This will put PP's position at risk. The club does check this site.
Spot on as we never want PP and his camera banned at training sessions.

The upside to this is that AJ already hit hard and fast. With a bit of extra weight we could have Byron Mk II

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm I am not seeing anyone too out of the ordinary in terms of body shape?

Am I missing something?

Gee Whiz. How unfair on AJ. I went back and looked at the photos, and TBH he doesnt look too bad. No different to the others.
That colour looks putrid in big slabs of it like a jumper. Give these blokes 8 weeks of structured training, in a competitive environment and they will look a whole lot different.

Having a guy like AJ, lightning fast and hitting like a roadtrain would add a huge amount to the dynamic of our team. Let's hope he has the maturity (and we have the leadership and development) to realise it.

If he doesn't make it, let it be known that Feel ruined another career

dreamstime_m_40814859.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back