Training Power Pre-Season Training Pics (Wednesday 30th January 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ladhams was always a beast, you're just falling for it because this is the time of year players are at their absolute peak of fitness. Once the season hits, they put on a few squishy kilograms - with good reason.

It's so that if they get an infection during the season, there are energy reserves for the body to draw on other than muscle. So it helps to preserve their mass in case of sickness.

Additionally, they need to keep a healthy bodyfat percentage during the season to keep good hormonal balances to prevent infection and sickness.

Staying at low bodyfat that comes with the pre-season load isn't sustainable for long periods if you want to be generally healthy. It's the same reason women's menstrual cycles stop when they are at low bodyfat levels. It trashes long term hormone production.

He's always looked lean to me whether pre-season or in-season. This is the first time I've looked at him and thought he looks like he's built like a competitive ruckman.

Thanks for the great photos.

Willem Drew seems to have put on height over the last year. What are his skills like??

Nice to see Sam Gray out there too, though I assume that he is well behind in fitness at this time.

Ladhams was always a beast, you're just falling for it because this is the time of year players are at their absolute peak of fitness. Once the season hits, they put on a few squishy kilograms - with good reason.

It's so that if they get an infection during the season, there are energy reserves for the body to draw on other than muscle. So it helps to preserve their mass in case of sickness.

Additionally, they need to keep a healthy bodyfat percentage during the season to keep good hormonal balances to prevent infection and sickness.

Staying at low bodyfat that comes with the pre-season load isn't sustainable for long periods if you want to be generally healthy. It's the same reason women's menstrual cycles stop when they are at low bodyfat levels. It trashes long term hormone production.
That's interesting.

So Johnson must've been worried about a pre season flu.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great pics! 👍
I didn’t notice Rocky in any of them. Is he training?

Willem Drew seems to have put on height over the last year. What are his skills like??
Drew looks all of 190cm and then some and as for skills, he's neat enough.
He's always looked lean to me whether pre-season or in-season. This is the first time I've looked at him and thought he looks like he's built like a competitive ruckman.
^ struck me at our 1st open training where BTW he rucked impressively.

Came over to this thread not just out of interest but to get away from the Ollie Wines shoulder thread.
What a miserable read that is, enough to get ya down in the dumps.

Maggies should be a lot better this year.
Patmore Garner Drew Atley Ladhams and Hewett should all be showing their 2nd stage of development
complimented by our newbies Woodcock Butters Duursma and Grundy.

Thanks for the pics always appreciated.
Roll on Family Day

Big thank you to those who comment about my photos. As for players and how they are progressing or injuries, i'm sorry, but i can't comment on the boys. If players aren't in any photos, it's because i might not have taken any of them on the day, they might be doing other drills elsewhere, the player(s) might be in the gym or they are doing media. All i can say is - thank you to the club and Ken Hinkey for letting me into their closed sessions. Enjoy the pics and go the Power and Magpies.

Great pics Power Pete.

Thank God for you giving us something to be positive about this pre season. I hope the club continue to recognize how important that is.

SPP looks in ridiculous shape.

Hoff looks the strongest I have seen him.

Trengove looks like his body has finally enabled him to train like an AFL footballer.

Atley has leaned up.

Plenty to be excited about our depth this year. I can see the Maggies having a very good year when everyone is fit and firing.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

This is why cyclists are so susceptible to flus and sickness, particularly during the Grand Tours...

Drew looks underdeveloped, I know you don’t want to load up to much with foot injuries but was hoping he and Atley would battle it out to replace Wines early, with his lack of size and role he played with the Magpies early doors I question if the club see him as an outside accumulator. With his quick and decisive hands, I think we may have missed the boat. Hopefully it’s just his shape or he is a typical county kid whom is deceptively and naturally strong? Good luck lad!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back