2nds Power SANFL 2013, Finals Series

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know why the afl doesn't start a reserves comp for 2nds....extend the list for it to happen...

They can play in the smaller stadiums as they do with nab cup....

I would fully follow our reserves team in a 2nd comp

6,000 last week and not a lot more this week, and that's with the biggest drawing club outside of Port playing today. It's a big reason the sanfl was so keen for Port to sign a reserves team deal.

The sanfl is slowly dying. Crowds are down and without Port and the Crows entering reserves side, the trend would continue. Just where are the next generation of supporters meant to come from. Kids of today have little or no interest in the sanfl. It's pretty much either Port or the Crows. It's a vicious cycle. With smaller crowds/interest comes reduced sponsorship and media interest.

And it doesn't help when clubs piss money down the toilet on interstate players trying to live up with image of being the second best competition outside of the AFL.

The sanfl need the Port reserves team to play in the sanfl. It's the best chance of revitalising a slowly dying competition.

Agree completely. Even the SAAFL is in healthier shape - ~5500 attended the D.1 GF on the weekend.

If height were the only issue, I'd agree with what you're implying. He just doesn't have the tools to be a good AFL level footballer.

Disagree. Wouldn't have been a superstar maybe but I reckon he could've given it a real crack had he been given the opportunities/had one quarter of the faith shown in him that other fringe players had.

We've been crying out for another true lead and mark forward to complement Shulz for years and I reckon Salter could've filled that role well, really freeing up Westhoff to be a proper swingman and taking a bit of heat off an underperforming Butcher. All through the Primus dark days people were crying out for him to come in and his failure to be picked was one of the (many) reasons I lost faith in Primus' coaching ability.

Ah well. That ship appears to have well and truly sailed. What might've been, I guess...

Agree completely. Even the SAAFL is in healthier shape - ~5500 attended the D.1 GF on the weekend.

That's a good effort. And the crowd would be much bigger if the hypothetical happened and the Port reserves team joined the SAAFL, and played in a GF.

I don't have much of a dick, average by Wikipedia standards, but the SANFL can eat it. With a creamy bechamel sauce.

You could edit the average down on Wikipedia, you realise.

The official crowd figure - 9,249. Not enough bay covers.

* thats impressive. ROCs don't have huge supporter base but I have no idea about Salisbury North.

Might have to get out to Thebby to watch the replay next Friday night.

The official crowd figure - 9,249. Not enough bay covers.

Where did you get the crowd figure from? The SAAFL hasn't even updated their website since Friday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

REH - in what way are you using the word 'incredible' with respect to the $NAFL crowd number.

I think REH thought it was a SAAFL crowd figure.

SANFL Finals Week 2 (League)
Stevenson – 24d 18k 6h 7m 2t 0cl 4i50 1r50 0.0g 4th Best
---
Salter – 17d 10k 7h 7m 4t 1cl 2i50 0r50 4.2g 4th Best
Thomas – 34d 10k 24h 6m 4t 7cl 3i50 1r50 0.0g 5th Best
Pfeiffer – 14d 11k 3h 4m 2t 1cl 3i50 0r50 2.2g
Blee – 20d 11k 9h 7m 2t 3cl 3i50 3r50 2.0g
D.Stewart – 2d 1k 1h 2m 0t 0cl 0i50 0r50 0.0g

REH - in what way are you using the word 'incredible' with respect to the $NAFL crowd number.

Re-read the trail of posts - I thought 9,249 was the figure for the SAAFL GF, not the SANFL semis double header. That's why I said incredible.

DOMINANT!

Why did we delist this guy!
To be fair - apparently he was pretty sick when he took the field and only played because Lewis Johnston was injured.

They should have held the sanfl prelim in the parklands, awful sized crowd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back