2nds Power SANFL 2013, Round 20

Remove this Banner Ad

drawl(drôl)
v. drawled, drawl·ing, drawls
v.intr. To speak with lengthened or drawn-out vowels.

Wiiiiiinngaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard!!!
BOOOOoooooOOAAAAAAAky!!!
MOOOOOOOOnnnFrIIIIIIIIEEESssss!!!!!!

I love continuous drawl sessions over our players.

Sal was much more than SNAFL quality. Got,that one wrong. Wasn't his football ability that cost him.

exactly.. cant understand why anyone would say that he wasnt good enough
Salopeks only downfall was his body didnt hold up to the rigors of AFL football.
The biggest shame is that he could have been an elite player of the competition if his body was sound

League
Newton – 26d 17k 9h 4m 5t 11cl 7i50 0r50 0.1g 2nd Best
Logan – 18d 7k 11h 2m 8t 3cl 1i50 0r50 1.0g 2nd Best
D.Stewart – 14d 11k 3h 9m 0t 0cl 3i50 0r50 2.1g 3rd Best
Renouf – 10d 6k 4h 1m 4t 48ho 5cl 0i50 0r50 0.0g 3rd Best
Mitchell – 25d 13k 12h 5m 3t 1cl 1i50 5r50 0.0g 6th Best
Thomas – 17d 9k 8h 4m 7t 7cl 5i50 0r50 0.1g
Clurey – 16d 10k 6h 5m 2t 1cl 2i50 2r50 0.0g
Ah Chee – 15d 9k 6h 1m 3t 3ho 1cl 1i50 0r50 0.0g
Pfeiffer – 14d 11k 3h 3m 1t 4cl 4i50 0r50 1.1g
Salter – 13d 10k 3h 1m 5t 1cl 1i50 0r50 3.1g
Neade – 13d 7k 6h 2m 2t 2cl 2i50 0r50 0.1g
Stevenson – 12d 10k 2h 1m 1t 0cl 1i50 7r50 0.0g

Reserves
D.Butcher – 0g 2nd Best
Shaw – 0g
Hoskin – 0g

League
Newton – 26d 17k 9h 4m 5t 11cl 7i50 0r50 0.1g 2nd Best
Logan – 18d 7k 11h 2m 8t 3cl 1i50 0r50 1.0g 2nd Best
D.Stewart – 14d 11k 3h 9m 0t 0cl 3i50 0r50 2.1g 3rd Best
Renouf – 10d 6k 4h 1m 4t 48ho 5cl 0i50 0r50 0.0g 3rd Best
Mitchell – 25d 13k 12h 5m 3t 1cl 1i50 5r50 0.0g 6th Best
Thomas – 17d 9k 8h 4m 7t 7cl 5i50 0r50 0.1g
Ah Chee – 15d 9k 6h 1m 3t 3ho 1cl 1i50 0r50 0.0g
Pfeiffer – 14d 11k 3h 3m 1t 4cl 4i50 0r50 1.1g
Salter – 13d 10k 3h 1m 5t 1cl 1i50 0r50 3.1g
Neade – 13d 7k 6h 2m 2t 2cl 2i50 0r50 0.1g
Stevenson – 12d 10k 2h 1m 1t 0cl 1i50 7r50 0.0g

Reserves
D.Butcher – 0g 2nd Best
Shaw – 0g
Hoskin – 0g
Clurey – DNP

Clurey 10 kicks and 6 handballs and 4 marks and 8 tackles in the league !!!

Yeah, I went down to Gliderol, Clurey was impressive. He took an amazing pack mark as well. Did well in the conditions. He's very skilled - but needs more confidence in himself when using those skills. Sometimes tries to finesse a kick rather than backing himself in.

Edit: And it was 5 marks, 2 tackles - think you read his stats wrong!

Silly me, I just thought it was extremely gay, but I'm thinking that some posters here must really be 14 year old girls. The way they constantly drawl over certain players.

yeah 'the selection committee is ridiculous' if Newton isn't selected against Freo? :p I mean I'm sure he's just exaggerating for fun and has complete faith in our club but I'd be surprised if we had a debutante this late in leading up to 2 truly important closing games + probable finals.. but if the kid is demanding selection and there's a spot for him then give him his moment! our coaches deserve our faith and if they think a kid is ready he is ready.

exactly.. cant understand why anyone would say that he wasnt good enough
Salopeks only downfall was his body didnt hold up to the rigors of AFL football.
The biggest shame is that he could have been an elite player of the competition if his body was sound

Salopek's first half of 2008 off of a wing was almost AA quality. Then he got injured and unfortunately never reached those same heights again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like player bandwagons much, but if theres one thing I hate more it's persistent negativity - people who would rather say "I told you so" than see somebody succeed. There was a perfect example yesterday - some dickhead thought they'd be a hero championing themselves for predicting that Hitchcock would be injured, bravo.

Newton is playing some quality, consistent footy for the Magpies and whilst I believe we'd want to be very careful in selecting a debutant given that the games coming up for us will decide our season, I have really enjoyed his progression this year.

I don't bag too many players, only those that deserve it a bit. And any player I bag, I'd much rather see succeed. I'd love for the likes of butcher and Newton to become A grade players. I wanna win a goddam flag sometime soon!!

It just shits me to tears when some particular people can see no wrong, and continually harp on certain players just cos they wanna be able to quote back on a time when they saw the potential where no one else did. Of course we could dig up old posts of the many that got delisted that were gettin the same praise.

Newton may debut soon, and I bloody hope he has a ripper. But if he don't, and goes backward at all next year I reckon he might be walkin a tightrope.

I don't bag too many players, only those that deserve it a bit. And any player I bag, I'd much rather see succeed. I'd love for the likes of butcher and Newton to become A grade players. I wanna win a goddam flag sometime soon!!

It just shits me to tears when some particular people can see no wrong, and continually harp on certain players just cos they wanna be able to quote back on a time when they saw the potential where no one else did. Of course we could dig up old posts of the many that got delisted that were gettin the same praise.

Newton may debut soon, and I bloody hope he has a ripper. But if he don't, and goes backward at all next year I reckon he might be walkin a tightrope.
Perhaps some of us don't like bagging players in general.
Sure say so and so had a bad game or IYO should not be a defender or whatever but bagging players in a personal manner is quite another thing. Not saying you necessarily do it, but at times it is done around these parts and IMO it is bad form.

Wait,

So what am I meant to do bro?

Newton is my buddy on this board, and someone I have been following since he was delisted.

Same with Bass, was probably unlucky at the time of being delisted as he was starting to come on - but looking now at his 2013 year it was the right decision.

Do you want me to say every player is s**t or something? Like, perhaps you don't understand how this works. Of course he has flaws, he isn't perfect (like me).

Wait,

Newton is my buddy on this board, and someone I have been following since he was delisted.

Same with Bass, was probably unlucky at the time of being delisted as he was starting to come on - but looking now at his 2013 year it was the right decision.

Do you want me to say every player is s**t or something? Like, perhaps you don't understand how this works. Of course he has flaws, he isn't perfect (like me).
Have I missed something? :D

Wait,

Wat?

Wait,

No offence TSW but if I was Newton I'd be afraid, very afraid.

You championed Webb last year, Bass before that. Newts'd be hoping third time's a charm. :D

Ok. This is silly bickering with fellow port supporters, got enough crows supporters to do that with. A few weeks ago TSW shitted me when he abused for havin a different opinion. But right now he's right, why can't he pump up a players tyres. So in this occasion my comments were a bit ridiculous. Me bad. And I apologise TSW.

Richardson indicated tonight that as Newton is predominantly an inside midfielder, he may have to bide his time in the SANFL a bit longer in the name of team balance. Mind you, if Hartlett misses I'd think about giving him a game against Freo, assuming Cassisi doesn't play.

Newton early on had a unique blend of inside ability and using his neat skills to link play from defence to forward thrusts! It was inside clearance work from a bloke that looked to be a Half Forward/Wingman. Since his body has created some hiccups, however his inside game has excelled.

Everyone is saying don't rest Wines, but give Newton his debut and Wines a week off. For a few weeks he has looked a touch slow.

I thinks we are well set for depth through the midfield for the next few years and a lot happier to see the back of Thomas, Logan and Brett (and eventually Dom) with Newton and Young in the wings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back