Toast Power Serve - Travis Boak, Captain Fantastic - Games 1 to 200

Remove this Banner Ad

lol every time I open this thread and see the earlier discussion about Tex's twitter escapades

I think for us to be pushing for the 8 this year we really need to have Travis up and firing and getting back to his best. He is still capable and is not yet at the age where we should see serious decline just yet.

People seem to just forget how good he is. When we needed that centre clearance in the last showdown against the crows at footy park I had 100% confidence that he would find the way to win the centre clearance just through pure determination. His own confidence obviously was a lot higher then as well.

With things better in his personal life fingers crossed he can get back to his best again. If he has a poor season I cannot see us making the 8.

Last edited:

Yep agree with this.

For me personally when he and his misses split out of nowhere I didn't think much of it. However then you see that she wasn't just with another guy quickly but she was pregnant - and is now a mother - I thought that has surely got to hit Trav pretty hard. As far as we all know it was his longest relationship, and anyone whose been through a breakup a few times knows just how hard that first one is, especially if feelings are still there.

Hopefully we see him lift his output this year and build up his confidence again. It's got to be hard being regularly tagged, but we just need him to find a way to win 25 touches a game, and to stop panicking with it and we will be a whole different team.
Yeh, I had seen that with his ex. Was all very fast afterwards. Hopefully he is mentally good to go this season.

Haven't there been rumours about carrying an injury or two as well at times over the last couple of years (call a serious breakup and injury). I do recall matches where he was struggling to kick 30 metres for a while...

Obviously goals are great to watch on highlight reels, but those sorts of vids still irritate me a little like the players top 50 highlights where even guys that aren't known for kicking goals have only highlights of them kicking goals.

Now Boak has kicked some great captains goals in him time (even before he was captain) but some of his clearance work is what still stands out to me, e.g. his last quarter in the Monfries bounce showdown, his work in the 2014 round 10 (first real night game at AO) game against Hawthorn, etc.

He seems to be overthinking too much and stressing too much on whether he is doing all the 100 little things right, but Boaky playing his natural game dancing around clearances like he's doing an Irish jig and executing perfectly weighted kicks have been some of the best moments of the last few years. Let's hope this work with the psychologist has helped him get back to that form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes well done Boaky on 200 and being longest serving captain in terms of no. 1 guensey.

The no.1 guernsey wearers
1996 - 2000 Wangers 61 games
2001 - 2005 Primus... 74 games + 12 acting captain
2006 - 2008 Tredders 48 games + 48 acting captain
2009 - 2012 Dom...... 75 games
2013 - ...... Boaky..... 91 games + 2 acting captain

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back