Game Day Powerless v Bontless

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Kane Farrell may have tested positive to a RAT and waiting on PCR result

What a s**t game this is going to be. Heading down obviously as this is my 'home' game for the year, but hardly filled with excitement...
I am not confident at all.

Ever since I heard the news of Bont being 'managed', I've felt uneasy. I'm trying to take positives out of it and I've come up with this:

1. Resting Bont is a good call. Smart call. A much needed call that will benefit him and the team going forward.
  2. Not playing English and Keath, ditto. The risks of playing them outweigh the rewards.
  3. I felt uneasy in the lead up to our two road victories against Port last year. I wasn't confident in either fixture, especially the Prelim Final. I was on cloud nine when the team I love proved me wrong. Dejavu brewing?
  4. I know the boys will give their all. I don't always agree with the MC's Bevo's selections, but I know they play for him and I know they believe in him. We're always a chance under Bevo. Backs to the wall stuff. I've seen this narrative before.
I reckon the boys will be feeling pretty pumped if we manage to pull this off, with about a third of our best 22 out, knowing there's a chance all three of Bont, English and Keath could play the following week.

I just hope Bukes plays ok and the MC work out that tall guys who can mark the ball are useful

So, why is that significant?
Covid changes to a opposition side are significant I would have thought. Especially if he has teammates as housemates

Covid changes to a opposition side are significant I would have thought. Especially if he has teammates as housemates
You misunderstood my post. There was no mention of Farrell being out on the AFL website only the updated team is showing. I have now deleted my previous post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bet youā€™re great fun at parties.
Absolutely I am, one of the finest at the art ;)

There was a hint of jest in the original post, but on a more serious note, I am finding it harder to get up for games when every week with selections and game plan this club continues to throw surprises and try and be too cute. Bont might need the rest, absolutely, but for me the time was last week against a weaker opposition. Both sides have been below form this year so hopefully tonight turns out to be a good game and a bit of a turnaround, but with the weather around and the form of the two sides, I cannot say with much confidence that this will be the case. Disappointed there won't be the king running around tonight like we all are, particularly as this is likely my only game to watch live this year, so I feel like I have reasonable grounds to be slightly underwhelmed going into this game, if that's okay with you.

Itā€™s been hailing and freezing cold where I am in Adelaide, not sure I can remember a regular season game on with decent weather for a number of years at Adelaide oval.
Despite our outs, port are beatable and have a few out themselves. Should be a close low scoring game I reckon

Last edited:
Itā€™s been hailing and freezing cold where I am in Adelaide, not sure I can remember a regular season game on SATURDAY with decent weather for a number of years.
Despite our outs, port are beatable and have a few out themselves. Should be a close low scoring game I reckon
I'm in the far northern suburbs, there's dark clouds and it just started raining - looks ominous!

If you're a contender you win these games, undermanned, away from home but average opposition, just find a way. I'm not exactly analysing the fixture but surely even making finals will be very difficult from 3-5
Lose tonight and we can probably only afford 5 more losses out the the last 14 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back