Game Day Praccy match vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not AFL standard. Weak at the contest, always sneaking out the back looking for cheap kicks.
It is concerning that he doesn't get to enough contests. He constantly plays from behind and isn't a great contested mark anyway, so it's impossible for him to really contribute to pack marking contests.

Charlie Pannam
exactly what you said

It is concerning that he doesn't get to enough contests. He constantly plays from behind and isn't a great contested mark anyway, so it's impossible for him to really contribute to pack marking contests.

Charlie Pannam
exactly what you said
I’ll be interested to see what CJ has to offer r4 onwards.

Listening to Benny Gale yesterday he was glowing in his assessment of CCJ. The club rate him very highly and remembering last year he couldn’t push his case mid season due to stress fractures in the foot.

I’ll be interested to see what CJ has to offer r4 onwards.

Listening to Benny Gale yesterday he was glowing in his assessment of CCJ. The club rate him very highly and remembering last year he couldn’t push his case mid season due to stress fractures in the foot.
Yeah I heard Benny talk him up yesterday. The second ruck/tall spot is his for the taking with Soldo gone for the season.

What did people think of CCJ yesterday? How'd he go?
Took the best mark of the game in the last qtr of the first practice game
1 handed grab and flew over a pack

Was impressive around the contest and did everything we wanted Chol to do

Hit packs and gave a chance to the smalls

If not for suspension would be playing round 1 without a doubt

Why did it take until the last Q for Chol to ruck? Nank did well against Gawn who looks in great shape, but why would you give Nank such a long workout first preseason game. Rucked about 90% I reckon. And Chol is no key forward, but with his leap and increased size could be a 2nd ruck. Don't get it. Didn't see enough of CCJ in the ruck to tell if he is any good as a tap ruck, because without a leap like Chol you will always struggle against Gawn. Nank had a bit of spring in his heels early but tired.

Thought Ross got to good spots and covered good ground but was a bit fumbly which is not an issue at this time of the year. Got better as the game went along. Martyn was pretty good as a similar sort.

Thought we played pretty well overall. Baker was impressive and will improve again I reckon.

Why did it take until the last Q for Chol to ruck? Nank did well against Gawn who looks in great shape, but why would you give Nank such a long workout first preseason game. Rucked about 90% I reckon. And Chol is no key forward, but with his leap and increased size could be a 2nd ruck. Don't get it. Didn't see enough of CCJ in the ruck to tell if he is any good as a tap ruck, because without a leap like Chol you will always struggle against Gawn. Nank had a bit of spring in his heels early but tired.

Thought Ross got to good spots and covered good ground but was a bit fumbly which is not an issue at this time of the year. Got better as the game went along. Martyn was pretty good as a similar sort.

Thought we played pretty well overall. Baker was impressive and will improve again I reckon.
They had Balta rucking early

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure anyone else felt similar, but that practice match was pretty underwhelming. First hit-out against opposition - I get that, but there was nothing much to hang your hat on I thought. It was very much like rolling your arm over off the pitch to loosen up. I'll get back in my box now until next week
:think: 🕴

Not sure anyone else felt similar, but that practice match was pretty underwhelming. First hit-out against opposition - I get that, but there was nothing much to hang your hat on I thought. It was very much like rolling your arm over off the pitch to loosen up. I'll get back in my box now until next week
:think: 🕴
Our stars were just going through the motions - Dusty and Lynch in particular never got out of 2nd gear

D’s on the other hand played with more intent. Their big 3 -Gawn, Oliver and Petracca played like it was the real thing and played out of their skins.

I think we got the solid hit out we were after

CCJ is going to make it!
I saw enough yesterday to get a hard on, I hope he plays every game this season.
On Chol he isn't a forward, isn't a ruckman I struggle to see how he fits into the side.
The only position for Chol is on the wing.
There was a centre bounce last night where Chol was about a foot above Gawn, that rarely happens. He is not a bad ruck and he follows his ball at ground level. Hard to tell if he is a ruck when he didn't go in there more than about twice.

There was a centre bounce last night where Chol was about a foot above Gawn, that rarely happens. He is not a bad ruck and he follows his ball at ground level. Hard to tell if he is a ruck when he didn't go in there more than about twice.
there's still a lot of upside in chol. could be a gun. there i've said it.

I think he could be a ruck at least and is not useless if he goes forward, although he tries his best at times. His spring makes him a Ryder type and will only get better the more he rucks.
love his athleticism, pace, mobility. leap. just needs more game awareneness and get his timing right. remember he's coming from a long way back. see a bit of nic-nat in him.

I think he could be a ruck at least and is not useless if he goes forward, although he tries his best at times. His spring makes him a Ryder type and will only get better the more he rucks.

Some players needs their cage rattled a bit - I think Chol does. A run on the ball, or something that creates a call to arms in their mind. That can be hard too create in a squad - not all professionals are self-starters. Some of Cholly's best games appear to have been after a stint in the Ruck.

I used to laugh when my NRL Father in law used to say at half time about Gordon Tallis - ...."just take him into the side room and throw him some raw meat to get him going for goodness sake........" (expletives excluded).

Oskar Baker is a gun.

I learnt that from the commentary.

It's amazing what you can learn through Repetition - repeat after me 100 times, "Phar Ace is a great poster."......keep going...... :moustache: :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back