Practice Game v Hawks Wednesday live stream

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I dont think it would matter too much. Just chuck it on youtube? Pretty crap that after finally coming to the party with some sort of engagement the bulk majority of people wont be able to watch it
The club will be marketing it as something extra/thanks for members and hoping some of those waiting/thinking about rejoining will do so now to get access.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The club will be marketing it as something extra/thanks for members and hoping some of those waiting/thinking about rejoining will do so now to get access.
I’m fine with you having to be a member to access it, more the point that they need to keep the stream up for people to watch after work. It’s 10.30am on a Wednesday 🙄

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So, this will likely be our first look at the new man on the mark rule.

I’ve just seen some clips from Essendon’s practice match and it’s an absolute disaster, as expected.

The player kicking the footy can move laterally without being called to play on, but as soon as the man on the mark mirrors him, he’s pinged.

I’ve been thinking...could the man on the mark take a step backwards off the mark and then move laterally?

It’s such a horrible rule, I have no idea why we are put through this sort of garbage for the first 3 rounds every year.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
So, this will likely be our first look at the new man on the mark rule.

I’ve just seen some clips from Essendon’s practice match and it’s an absolute disaster, as expected.

The player kicking the footy can move laterally without being called to play on, but as soon as the man on the mark mirrors him, he’s pinged.

I’ve been thinking...could the man on the mark take a step backwards off the mark and then move laterally?

It’s such a horrible rule, I have no idea why we are put through this sort of garbage for the first 3 rounds every year.

That's a really good question. You're almost better off not manning "the mark" at all but standing behind whatever area is considered "the mark" and retaining your freedom to move.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can’t even swap man on the mark to another player so taking a step back then across wouldn’t be allowed. Not assure but I’m assuming the nearest man must claim man on the mark and that’s that.

Martyn_30_

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can’t even swap man on the mark to another player so taking a step back then across wouldn’t be allowed. Not assure but I’m assuming the nearest man must claim man on the mark and that’s that.
There's a protected area that you can't go in, except to the exact mark spot and you then can't move.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That's a really good question. You're almost better off not manning "the mark" at all but standing behind whatever area is considered "the mark" and retaining your freedom to move.
I would imagine they just arbitrarily expand the protected zone to counter any gaming of the rule. Looks like this is just another dogshit rule that will just add to the frustrations of the average fan

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies

It’s actually the player who gave away the free who must man the mark.

I would imagine they just arbitrarily expand the protected zone to counter any gaming of the rule. Looks like this is just another dogshit rule that will just add to the frustrations of the average fan

I’m a member and have not received my link. If it’s not a unique url could someone please DM the link? Will be quicker than contacting the club.

aaron

Debutant
Jun 23, 2008
Coburg, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’m a member and have not received my link. If it’s not a unique url could someone please DM the link? Will be quicker than contacting the club.
I'm right there with you. No link and the phones are generally quite hard to get onto these days.

Jun 26, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm right there with you. No link and the phones are generally quite hard to get onto these days.
Also no link email received and can’t watch it delayed? What the hell is going on down there...
Check your junk folders. Or just search up “western bulldogs” in your emails and it should come up. Same thing happened to me, couldn’t initially find the link but just used the search option to find it.

BeMoreBont

Team Captain
Oct 14, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yep no email here as yet either..

Edit - emailed the club and got a response within 3 minutes!

Last edited:
Back