Practice Game v Hawks Wednesday live stream

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on today's performances, Gardner ahead of Cordy was clearly the right choice. We are stuffed for KPD options right now, but Cordy and Young did nothing to convince that they are worthy of Round 1 selection
Yep - I'm not convinced by Gardner as a long term option but he's in by default. Cordy can push for a spot as at least he can play on mid-sizers but Young looked well off the pace.

Ed Richards banging the door down for a spot. JJ better watch his back.

Haven’t watched either game yet but I read JJ played well up the ground earlier in the game? JJ up front and Richards with the goal of taking his spot down back (whether that’s round 1 or 10 is up to him) is a no brainer for mine

Yep - I'm not convinced by Gardner as a long term option but he's in by default. Cordy can push for a spot as at least he can play on mid-sizers but Young looked well off the pace.

Ed Richards banging the door down for a spot. JJ better watch his back.
Absolutely. Right now, I'd be pulling JJ out for Richards (assuming they're in line for HBF spots, not forward), and would otherwise not make any major changes outside of bringing in guys like Treloar, Macrae and Naughton who had to pull out.

Schache really impressed me today, he played really well as a high forward presenting options further up the ground. I wouldn't have him in my Round 1 side, but it's good to see that he may become an option throughout the year. Dale also played better in the seniors than what we saw from him last year. There's hope for those two yet.

Didn’t see they game at all but from the reports here it seems the blokes that struggle when the real heat is on have played well in a 1/2 heat practice match.

Coincidence ?

Don’t know much about this McNeil kid but he looks like he will be in round 1.

Poor disposal into the forward line is still a concern even in a praccy.

Did Dunkley really play most of the game forward? We just can’t have that. Real worry what to do with him. Libba, Macrae, Bont all ahead of him on the inside and Treloar/Baz add something he doesn’t.

Bigget plus for me is having some genuine options for the forward line. The team had a Naughton-shaped hole in it, and Macrae was also sorely missed.

Didn’t see they game at all but from the reports here it seems the blokes that struggle when the real heat is on have played well in a 1/2 heat practice match.

Coincidence ?

Don’t know much about this McNeil kid but he looks like he will be in round 1.

Poor disposal into the forward line is still a concern even in a praccy.
Even if that was right it's better than them not playing well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked mostly mid to me, especially first half. I thought he was pretty underwhelming.
Yep, looked off the pace.
Probably because his BFF Treloar was missing.

I wasn't bragging, just explaining why our depth looked so average. Most of it was in the firsts and our seconds team was mainly Box Hill.

Reckon Richards would be comfortably playing in our firsts and others like Weightman would be in there too, you've got some talent in that second lineup.
that will be enough out of you keep your eyes off Weightman please

Even if that was right it's better than them not playing well

It’s just a cycle of them playing ok in the twos and not being up to senior pressure imo.

Let’s hope they can stand up as our bottom half of the senior team will determine how well we go this year

I'm not too concerned about our poor performance today. We have performed pretty poorly in our preseason matches for the last few years. We then carry that poor form into the start of the main season before turning things around mid-season, spending all of our petrol tickets scraping into finals and then summarily getting booted out week one. No reason to think we can't accomplish that again this year!

Haven’t watched either game yet but I read JJ played well up the ground earlier in the game? JJ up front and Richards with the goal of taking his spot down back (whether that’s round 1 or 10 is up to him) is a no brainer for mine
For some reason Bevo decided to play Anthony Scott in a running defender spot in the seniors. I have no idea why after watching the game, given Richards should have been playing that exact spot. You don't want to pile it on someone playing their first AFL type game, but he looked a fair way out of his depth. We've seen Bevo fall in love with VFL level players before, I hope this hasn't filled his hole.

Geez that was an ordeal to get ahold of the club thismorn. Better late than never. How good is footy!

No link. Can't get hold the club. WORST of all you couldn't get into the ground!!! (Apols if ppl have vented already).

So apologies for no comments from the ground.

That's why I posted "pissed OFF" because we walked down there and AFL covid rules precluded anyone getting past Barkers Cafe. That wasn't the best viewing area & most of the glass windows covered by spectators, so walked around the ground to a couple of other spots where we could see through the fence (holding onto the bars like prisoners).

I was told "it's not the Club's fault, the AFL rules state that the ground must be set up for covid precautions if they are going to let people in." What the hell is that? We had to barcode scan at the Club door, so I don't know what else they wanted.

Really poor info dissemination by the Club, even though it wasn't their rules.

There ya go - first complaint of the year!

Was good to see the boys out there again tho....

For some reason Bevo decided to play Anthony Scott in a running defender spot in the seniors. I have no idea why after watching the game, given Richards should have been playing that exact spot. You don't want to pile it on someone playing their first AFL type game, but he looked a fair way out of his depth. We've seen Bevo fall in love with VFL level players before, I hope this hasn't filled his hole.
The experiments have begun on cue 😕

Remove this Banner Ad

Back