Practice Game v Hawks Wednesday live stream

Remove this Banner Ad

....and another thing....Channel 7 sport show other club scouts seated in the Whitten stand with their binoculars, meanwhile me, my significant other & a Brownlow Medalist watching his son are banned from the ground! Sheesh.

For those wondering the reason why Macrae didn't play, sadly his father passed away on Sunday.

View attachment 1064368
Whilst I didn't know much about him I'm glad he got to see 2 sons living their dreams of professional footy and playing in a flag. Would have been a proud day for him. RIP.

I know Ryan is a bit of whipping boy but he shows no more than a battling stopper that tries hard. It was only practice match but I was hoping to see significant skill improvement that Bevo must see in him but it is just not there. If Young is not up to it then we must look at Bruce as a key defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Ryan is a bit of whipping boy but he shows no more than a battling stopper that tries hard. It was only practice match but I was hoping to see significant skill improvement that Bevo must see in him but it is just not there. If Young is not up to it then we must look at Bruce as a key defender.
KPD is going to cost us this year.

Our backline situation isn’t changing this year (unless Naughton goes back) so we are going to have to cop bleeding some goals.

the chance for success is if we have better connection forward to make the most of the many looks we will get. Unfortunately today didn’t look like much had changed there.

We conceeded only one bag last season to a key forward (Hipwood - majority being silly Gardiner frees).

I don't think the KPD is as bad as it seems (still needs some work).

A more experienced opponent on Bruest and better connection would help from today. Plus we need English + 2 tall forward targets. Trying to pinpoint ball in windy conditions led us to committing several crucial turnovers.

Conceding goals to key forwards isn’t the only issue. Lack of intercept marking from a tall and the threat thereof is also a huge problem.

The answer is in front of the coach. Let’s see if he can find it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Conceding goals to key forwards isn’t the only issue. Lack of intercept marking from a tall and the threat thereof is also a huge problem.

The answer is in front of the coach. Let’s see if he can find it.

I’m Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I’m guessing you are talking about moving naughton to defense? That fixes one issue and then creates another.

Were all the 50m penalties due to someone blinking on the mark?
One was when Caleb brutalised his opponent after a mark another when the ump had an untimely hallucination of some sort

Ed Richards or Taylor Duryea in that back line, we probably win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back