News Practice Game v Suns - Feb 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you going to Metricon Stadium this Saturday for the Suns V Lions practice match? If so, stop by the Q150 tent, & check out our book, "More Of The Kangaroo". If you haven't got your copy yet, here is your chance to discover more of football's 150 year history in our state. From Cairns to Coolangatta, this is the football book for all of Queensland.
The threat of rain is no deterrent! 👍

This is a terrific book. Bravo to you.

Hoping the rain holds off. Wanted to go fishing Saturday morning and go to the game in the afternoon, both are looking unlikely. Surely the club's wouldn't risk the injuries for a soaking wet hitout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering it's only a practice match they should move it back to mid next week or next weekend. I think they will. There is not much benefit playing in poor conditions..

Considering it's only a practice match they should move it back to mid next week or next weekend. I think they will. There is not much benefit playing in poor conditions..

We play Hawthorn the following weekend

Don't see why we can't postpone it a few days either before or after Saturday if it is that bad. Only a praccie match
Probably because the pre-season fitness program takes into account days between heavy sessions/games/match sim etc and changing it by few days would throw all that out. Would make more sense just to do some more training that day and forget about the game altogether unfortunately.

Isn't one of the purposes of this praccy match to compensate for us always having a nab/jlt game washed out or played in poor conditions. Results in our slow starts to the seasons.

Rented a car and drove Townsville to Mackay for that - with a Lions mate and 2 Saints fanatics. Sat in the bar at Harrup Park for 2 beers and we drove home. I insisted on driving down - so I got to sit in the front passengers and drink the whole way home. Great roadtrip but.:)
I love road trips, I did a lot of them when I was a young fella, oh those were the days my friends.

If I sit for too long in a car now I get a very sore lower back, my Thelma and Louise days are over.

No Touk swallow or witts for tomorrow.Cant see it being called off as has been promoted as family day meet players for the suns.Interested if we sit anyone out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back