News Practice Game v Suns - Feb 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all, info for our practice game v Suns is below. Hope to see you there.

What: Practice Match v Suns
Date: Saturday, February 23rd, 3:00pm – 5:30pm
Where: Metricon Stadium, entry via Gate 5
Parking: Free car parking available in the Red Car Park (access from Nerang-Broadbeach Rd behind Austworld Centre)

the free carparking mates it a possible outing for the day now. Good work

Toucan Soup

Team Captain
Mar 22, 2006
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If you can make it to Metricon, drop into the Q150 tent & say G'day.
The Suns have generously invited us to set up and show our history of Qld football, "More Of The Kangaroo". It is 1,104 pages of memories of our code throughout the state, from the QAFL and all regional leagues.
Stop by and have a look. We think all followers of grassroots football in Queensland will be impressed.
20181213_135250.jpg

If you can make it to Metricon, drop into the Q150 tent & say G'day.
The Suns have generously invited us to set up and show our history of Qld football, "More Of The Kangaroo". It is 1,104 pages of memories of our code throughout the state, from the QAFL and all regional leagues.
Stop by and have a look. We think all followers of grassroots football in Queensland will be impressed.
View attachment 618497

I cant get to the game, but where can I get that?

Jayrod

Rookie
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Parking: Free car parking available in the Red Car Park (access from Nerang-Broadbeach Rd behind Austworld Centre)
It said members get 3 entry does this include 3 game members?
Or can everyone enter for free

Toucan Soup

Team Captain
Mar 22, 2006
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
BuntonRules (& everyone),
Check us out at www.Q150.net.au - or please send me a personal message. I will be eager to help.
Whilst I don't want to hijack this board, I also want to let Lions' supporters know, many of whom will be grassroots supporters of our code in Queensland. This has been an incredible effort by the two authors, and we would like to share it with as many people as possible.
Thank you for your support.

Any update on a stream/replay?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

marooned

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Have heard the game will be over 6 'qtrs' with nearly the whole squads having a run.So should get to see our draftees if they are fit.

Some wild weather predicted on the Gold Coast this weekend...remnants of Cyclone Oma apparently.
We’re the preseason rainmakers. Barely a drop all summer until we’re about to play a praccy match.

We’re the preseason rainmakers. Barely a drop all summer until we’re about to play a praccy match.

I've heard in this particular case, God and Charlie Cameron had a bet he couldn't slot one from the boundary while standing in the heart of a cyclone.

Toucan Soup

Team Captain
Mar 22, 2006
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Are you going to Metricon Stadium this Saturday for the Suns V Lions practice match? If so, stop by the Q150 tent, & check out our book, "More Of The Kangaroo". If you haven't got your copy yet, here is your chance to discover more of football's 150 year history in our state. From Cairns to Coolangatta, this is the football book for all of Queensland.
The threat of rain is no deterrent! 👍

Lions Flag 2020

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I've heard in this particular case, God and Charlie Cameron had a bet he couldn't slot one from the boundary while standing in the heart of a cyclone.
But Charlie is God isn't he?

Refer to Gold Coast goal for evidence.

Lions Flag 2020

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
RE: stream, we are still negotiating with the powers that be to get around a broadcasting rule that bans live streams going up against live broadcasts, as there is an AFLW game at the same time. Suns and us are keen to do it, but will see how we go.
Thanks LI. It is good that both clubs are trying to overcome a road block even if it might be outside of their control.

Back