VFL Practice Match #2 - Collingwood vs Footscray at Olympic Park Oval (Pies lost 68-110)

Remove this Banner Ad

From the (admittedly) very small sample size Kirby definitely impressed me more than what Abbott's upside looked to be.

Sier I have had zero confidence in but showed just then he's worth persisting with. Built like Cripps and lost the puppy fat but still seems a step off the pace. Not afraid of hitting a pack now either.

JT looks depth at absolute best at this stage. Looks way off it.

Few positives about Sier from the sounds of it. Hopefully gets a full run at it this year. A full year in the VFL is going to do him wonders.

Few positives about Sier from the sounds of it. Hopefully gets a full run at it this year. A full year in the VFL is going to do him wonders.

Like I said I only saw the last but really liked what I saw. Most of his touches were in close(which often don't get notice in vfl) was very clean. He is a beast of a kid.

I just have a feeling he'll be better than people think.
No real reasoning just instinct.
I've been wrong many times.
Likely with him doing more next season and then we will know more.

I just have a feeling he'll be better than people think.
No real reasoning just instinct.
I've been wrong many times.
Likely with him doing more next season and then we will know more.
Certainly looks a work in progress with upside. Looks like he's putting in the commitment in the gym so it's all up to him now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three or four shots for goal in the 3rd of varying degrees of difficulty, from crumbs and set-shots. His dad would have kicked all of them with his eyes closed. Delist...
Peter is already delisted ;)

Love the sound of this Kirby guy. Seems like he could be a serious player.

Get the feeling we are going to less a lot less wins in the VFL this year with Witts, Tooves, Caff etc gone - but the upside is we may develop a lot more youngsters.

Caught 90% of the game today from the fancy social club :)cool:)

Kirby was the standout - seemed to make an impact every time he went for the ball, took some great grabs and kicked 3. Saw him as more of project player but he could in the AFL side sooner than later. Really exciting.

After being excited by his recruitment I was so let down by Sier last year. Naturally he lacked any serious time in the TAC system but today he showed some real promise. Still a bit off the mark but if he can build on today he could become a player

Shaz was solid with his intercept marking and general calm. Looks like he needs a bit more time in the VFL but his output was quality

Brown & Daicos both worked hard. Both look like they could become classy short people akin to Dogs.

Keefe looks off the mark still, J Thomas better but not back to his best.

Mackie did some outstanding things along with some bad decisions and disposal.

Crocker didn't get involved much

McClarty looked decent from what I saw but finished the game early with what looked like an ankle complaint

Dunn I thought was pretty average after a decent JLT

McCarthy booted 3 - good to have a fwd to develop

Adam Oxley used the ball well when he got it

Need players who can use the pill so Broomhead comes in.

Our talls are useless so Elliot comes in.

As for the outs, some small who can't kick and has no composure doesn't really matter which one.

And Cox

I'm still too be convinced by Keeffe in the forward line hopefully the move turns out to be a reverse White who played back early last VFL season to the benefit of his forward game. Sier, Daicos and Kirby were the three who excited me the most today. Sier showed he could become an all round player, capable on the inside and outside, nice defensive efforts and a surprising burst of speed, Daicos looks class and has the same poise and side step as his old man, looked good around the clearances on occasion too, Kirby is another who has class, defensive efforts are there and he knows where the goals are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back