phurry

Senior List
Nov 17, 2007
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GC Blaze and GC United
This match is scheduled for Saturday the 28th of March at GC Stadium.
Can anyone here confirm a start time. Is it 11am or 7pm ??

GOLD COAST -SATURDAY, 11AM, CARRARA

Saturday, 27 March, 2009
The new Gold Coast team will close off their preparation for their TAC Cup debut next weekend with an intra-club trial at Carrara (Saturday) from 11am. Teams will comprise players already contracted to the Gold Coast, other who have been training with the club over summer, and extras chosen from the recent Australia Post State U18 Development Championships.
Teams are listed below in actual match-ups … (eg) Charlie Dixon is playing at full forward for the team listed in ‘bold’ and will be opposed to Richard Harrison at fullback for the team listed in ‘lite’.
FF: Alik Magin, Charlie Dixon, Brendan Colch
FB: Michael McCoy, Richard Harrison, Nathan Spring
HF: Troy Jamieson, Matt Fowler, Trent Manzone
HB: Ben Dovey, Matt Story, Tyler Green
C: Joey Daye, Stanis Susave, Jack Stanlake
C: Nicky Price, Michael Barnes, Todd Grayson
HB: Luke Edgecombe, Jake Crawford, Tom Henderson
HF: Amua Parika, Aaron Fabian, Luke Shreeve
FB: Damian Ramage, Adam Oehleman, Jake Nelis
FF: Adam Fry, Cheyne Hutchinson, Adam Hughes
R: Andrew Plummer, Josh Thomas, Damien Steven
R: Rory Thompson, Jack Stanley, Grayson McIvor
I/Change
Brad Rees, Gerard Moore, Taylor Rolfe, Zac Smith, Scott Clarke, Josh Miloni, Fraser Nicholson-Bleismer
Declan Bevan, Mitch Harley, Jesse Haberfield, Marc Lock, Hamish Watts, Peter Labi, Jye Bohm, Liam Ruttledge.

Due to the early start, i will have to miss this one because of work.
If any from here does go can you please post some pics of the game.
Cheers!!

the GC website should have an update on this sometime in the near future, including a few pics.

Im looking forward to this just because they'll be wearing a home and away version for an intra-club game.

but if someone went, has photos or can report what they saw.....bombs away.

There seems to be a problem with the GC board updating fresh and relevant material. It shouldnt be saying Merry Christmas from GC 2 months later.

Are you attending any games this season GG?

Sorry, took a while to get around to this as I've been busy finding a place to live in Surfers.

It rained on and off throughout the game and was there was a pretty decent wind blowing to the left of screen making things a bit scrappy.

One team wore the same guernseys that were used in the Southport game while the other team wore the red version of the guernsey. I'm sure you all saw it on the news for the team photo when the granting of the licence was announced yesterday. If you didn't see it then it's pretty much just the reverse of the red GC emblem on a yellow guernsey that can be seen in the GC v Southport thread.

The game was played in 3 20 minute quarters and finished with a 10 minute 4th quarter. Not sure why the last quarter was shorter than the rest.

The gold team started with the breeze and kicked 4 goals to 2 in the first quarter.
The second quarter was very scrappy and neither teams managed to score a goal with the half time scores being 4-6-30 to 2-5-17. The gold team scored 3 more goals with the breeze in the 3rd quarter while the red team managed to add 1 goal to their tally giving almost a 5 goal lead leading into the shorter final quarter. The final quarter saw the gold team kick 2 more against the wind while the red team missed their chances scoring 5 behinds.
Final score was 9-10-64 to 3-10-28.

I was trying to work out who was on which team but not knowing who's who made things a bit difficult. I'll post which teams I think had which players but I can't guarantee that I'm 100% correct and probably missed a few players.

Gold: A.Magin, B.Rees, J.Thomas, J.Stanlake, T.Rolfe, M.Fowler, J.Daye, C.Dixon, D.Ramage, J.Stanley, J.Nelis

Red: M.Lock, J.Haberfield, L.Shreeve, T.Green, L.Moss, N.Price, M.Thompson, H.Watts, D.Bevan, L.Rutledge, M.Storey, R.Liddy

The following guys played but their numbers were worn on both teams so I'm not sure which team the played on: D.Steven, M.Harley, C.Hutchinson, J.Crawford, N.Spring, G.Moore
Not sure who I've missed but just because they're not named above doesn't mean they didn't play. Also, it's possible that some of the guys I've named above didn't play and an u18 all-star may have been wearing their number.

With a couple of exceptions the skill levels really need to improve but the players seem to run well and look to run the ball with handballs quite a lot. I think this is reflected by the fact that the red team scored all 3 of their goals against the wind while they wasted their chances with the wind.
Both defences were tight and the attack on the ball and tackling from the players was excellent.

At the moment there's not much more than half a dozen players I can name on sight but as I get to know more of the players my reports will be more detailed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back