Preview Practice Match: Crows vs Port, Saturday Feb 27/2/21 @ 11am

Remove this Banner Ad

Silly assertion, Jones has a very good footy brain.
No he doesn't.

That is his issue. Positioning and knowing how to win the ball. And how to be effective when not having the ball.

Footy smarts.

He seems to have no idea how to get involved.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

No he doesn't.

That is his issue. Positioning and knowing how to win the ball. And how to be effective when not having the ball.

Footy smarts.

He seems to have no idea how to get involved.

Fair to say I've seen a bit more of him play than you, so we'll need to agree to disagree.

I would keep Frampton in.

But Tilthorpe is a must next week and R1.

Fog out.

Absolutely, round one forward line is clear for me now. Tex, Frampton, RT and Lynch, with RT and Lynch also playing higher up the ground at times. McAdam, Murphy and Rowe as the pressure forwards that can also hit the scoreboard.

From the limited game I saw, Fog, Jones, Schoenberg, McAdam all pretty disappointing. Anyone else in question?
Has Lynch done much?
The forward line you would play next week would be Frampton, Thilthorpe and Walker with Rowe, McAdam and Newchurch?
Got to have Berry and Pedler in there, Jones, Schoenberg and Milera out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to say it, but there is something ingrained in our older players that is incredibly difficult to beat out of them. I don't know if we'll ever be able to change them actually.

Especially when the chips are down.

The quicker we can get the newer younger guys in the better.
I actually think Tex is the one senior player who has adapted best to the new game style, which is good to see as we need him with such a young forward line still.

I really think it’s time we send Jones and Fogarty to the SANFL to build some form. Persisted with them long enough and it’s only doing them damage from here on in

Felt like some players that should have been on the ground were missing for large periods - reckon we may have been trying a few things around for periods today.

Our defense were under the pump today. Really need Talia and Doedee for Murray & McAsey - let him develop in the SANFL for awhile. With no Crouch in the midfield we look a bit at loss. Pedler/Berry in, get it done.

Thilthorpe has to come in. One of Fog or Lynch out for him.

If thats our gameplan its still pretty crap. Hopefully its nowhere near where its meant to be.
Besides a patch at the end of the 2nd and start of the 3rd, game was fairly even despite the midfield struggling and a very young defense. What else were you expecting against a team expected to finish top 4 this season? Young teams will be inconsistent within games, it’s just part of rebuilding. More than enough good signs from a few players today though to be excited about.

The kicking skills is what's costing us, we are struggling to hit tight targets under pressure, Port hit those targets with ease and it opened up the game for them.

Doesn't help that we have zero senior key defenders, added on to the fact our midfield is too old and slow to pressure the ball carrier

Fair to say I've seen a bit more of him play than you, so we'll need to agree to disagree.
At AFL level?

I don't care how good he was as a junior.

It hasn't translated to AFL.

To be a good mid at AFL you need to understand positioning, how to win the ball and effective ball use. Then be able to implement it.

At AFL level he has not shown this at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back