Preview Practice Match: Crows vs Port, Saturday Feb 27/2/21 @ 11am

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting to see how the mob down the road approach what is essentially a scratch match. I wonder if the games will have AFL umpires officiating?

I certainly hope so so the players can bed in this ridiculous stand the mark rule.

I'm having zero doubts he'll be there round 1 at the moment.
I don't think he will be, and I'm relatively confident with that.

But we'll see.

Will be interesting to see how the mob down the road approach what is essentially a scratch match. I wonder if the games will have AFL umpires officiating?

I certainly hope so so the players can bed in this ridiculous stand the mark rule.
They've been umpiring the Vic games.... Hopefully that doesn't mean we get Eleni the Port Cheerleader

Good to see Murray getting a run too.

So here's what our practice match squad looks like compared to the final round last year

Out: Talia (injured), Crouch (injured), Mackay (injured), Crouch (FA), Hartigan (traded), Stengle (suspended), Himmelberg
In: McAsey, Murphy, Hately, Seedsman, Hamill, Frampton, McHenry, Murray, Milera, Rowe, Butts

I've highlighted the new players for 2021 and the unforced changes

Quietly, it's nice to see McHenry and Hamill in the seniors squad, and it probably all but confirms we'll list Murray as our sup pick.

Pedlar not being included is surprising though.

Quietly, it's nice to see McHenry and Hamill in the seniors squad, and it probably all but confirms we'll list Murray as our sup pick.

Pedlar not being included is surprising though.
It's a massive year for Ned, hopefully he starts playing the footy that saw him drafted.

Will there be a replay of the 2's?

It will be interesting watching Pedlar and Berry in the midfield, if the two talls in Himmelberg and Thilthorpe gel, also Newchurch at their feet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Pedlar and no Worrell very disappointing not giving them a chance to build on their showing last week in a practice match where want to see what a couple of these kids can do.

Usually the 2nd game is more indicative of the R1 side, however we are playing the same team again so who the **** knows.

No Pedlar and no Worrell very disappointing not giving them a chance to build on their showing last week in a practice match where want to see what a couple of these kids can do.
Pedlar you can understand as his fitness base wouldn’t be ready yet

worrell would have been good to see though

Yeah I'm probably more keen to watch the 2s game.

Only 12 listed players in the side and Taylor I think.

Strange that the mob down the road are streaming both games live but we're not?

Still at least we can watch the game.

Both games will be live streamed at portadelaidefc.com.au and on the Official Port Adelaide mobile app.

Strange that the mob down the road are streaming both games live but we're not?

Still at least we can watch the game.

Both games will be live streamed at portadelaidefc.com.au and on the Official Port Adelaide mobile app.

Umm no they are not. Only the 11:00 game is streamed

Last edited:
Umm no they are not. Only the 11:00 game is streamed
Umm yep

You're quoting an article Port posted 3 days ago...

I'm quoting a Port article posted 3 hours ago.

These teams aren't really true reflections of who we think our best-22 is. The game next week will probably be a much different team with the team for round 1 different again so wouldn't worry.
You would hope this is the case.

It's only when you look at the two teams side by side that you realise how poor the list truly is.

The back the senior boys in is getting so old and tiresome, there is zero to look forward to in the AFL trial, most people wanting to tune into the SANFL trial more than the AFL one tells you all you need to know with how this board values the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back