Game Day Practice Match | North Melbourne v Melbourne | Feb 28th 1.10pm @Arden St. [Live on nmfc.com.au]

Remove this Banner Ad

It's disappointing that you have clubs like Collingwood, who can knock back exposure like this, while we are not mentioned anywhere in the story and would probably jump at such an opportunity
If you haven’t watched any of the All or Nothing series on Prime that follows NFL teams, i can wholeheartedly recommend it.
they are brilliantly made.
This will be enormous for the Pies. Great for any club re exposure actually.

If you haven’t watched any of the All or Nothing series on Prime that follows NFL teams, i can wholeheartedly recommend it.
they are brilliantly made.
I haven't... I don't have Prime.
This will be enormous for the Pies. Great for any club re exposure actually.
Pies have declined to do it, stating it would be an unnecessary distraction.

When Arden Station is open, a 12:30 pm unofficial preseason game at Arden St on a Friday wouldn't be too bad but a 6pm start would be better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First bounce is now less than 3 days away. Feels a bit lax that they've left any announcement this late, assuming they'll be making one at all!
Notification just popped up.

5.30 the day before. Optimal timing considering the amount of people on the way home from work on public transport, staring at their phones. They also won’t have 3 days to forget about it now.

They know what they’re doing.

Edit: 40 hours before the game, not 16. Was thinking yesterday was Thursday when I posted it.
Still doesn’t make a difference to my point that it’s a known marketing fact that for certain things (like this) people will forget about stuff if they first hear about it when it’s further away.

Last edited:
Notification just popped up.

5.30 the day before.
The notification was actually 5:30, 2 days before. Game is Friday, not tomorrow.
Optimal timing considering the amount of people on the way home from work on public transport, staring at their phones. They also won’t have 3 days to forget about it now.

They know what they’re doing.
Whatevs. What I know is Melbourne announced it days ago, we all heard it from their media team first, I doubt anyone would have forgotten the announcement by now. Would have been good for us to break the news, given it will be the only game at our spiritual home ground for the year.

You know what.....last week and this weeks practice game might be the only games we'll be able to attend to if this bat soup virus causes a national panic. Wouldn't surprise me if the season came to an indefinite halt or that public were banned from attending games.

The notification was actually 5:30, 2 days before. Game is Friday, not tomorrow.

Whatevs. What I know is Melbourne announced it days ago, we all heard it from their media team first, I doubt anyone would have forgotten the announcement by now. Would have been good for us to break the news, given it will be the only game at our spiritual home ground for the year.
You’re right. I was thinking yesterday was Thursday, so the notifications popped up about 40 hours before the game, not 16.

Still doesn’t make a difference to my point that it’s a known marketing fact that for certain things (like this) people will forget about stuff if they first hear about it when it’s further away.
Not everyone is a die hard supporter. Plenty will forget about it. And even more don’t care who ‘breaks the news’ that a scratch match is going to have a couple of webcams set up.

Apologies for the intrusion, but does anyone know if they'll sell food and drink at Arden Street for the game tomorrow.

Happy to kick in a few bucks to your club.

Apologies for the intrusion, but does anyone know if they'll sell food and drink at Arden Street for the game tomorrow.

Tender Touch and a few other vendors will have a few stalls set up on the grass.

Hard to say but I doubt it.

I have seen food trucks at the ground for VFL and official preseason games, but unlikely for a scratch match.

North Melbourne squad
1. M.Daw
2. M.Williams
3. J.Anderson
6. T.Garner
8. B.Scott
14. T.Dumont
15. P.Ahern
16. A.Bonar
17. J.Pittard
18. S.Atley
19. J.Walker
21. D.Tyson
23. B.McKay
24. S.Durdin
25. R.Tarrant
30. C.Comben
31. C.Taylor
32. M.Wood
34. J.MacMillan
36. J.Crocker
38. T.Xerri
40. T.Murphy
41. M.McGuinness
42. T.Campbell
43. A.Hall
44. C.Zurhaar
46. L.Hosie

VFL-listed player Adam Tipungwuti will also be part of the North Melbourne squad, wearing no. 28.

North Melbourne squad
1. M.Daw
2. M.Williams
3. J.Anderson
6. T.Garner
8. B.Scott
14. T.Dumont
15. P.Ahern
16. A.Bonar
17. J.Pittard
18. S.Atley
19. J.Walker
21. D.Tyson
23. B.McKay
24. S.Durdin
25. R.Tarrant
30. C.Comben
31. C.Taylor
32. M.Wood
34. J.MacMillan
36. J.Crocker
38. T.Xerri
40. T.Murphy
41. M.McGuinness
42. T.Campbell
43. A.Hall
44. C.Zurhaar
46. L.Hosie

VFL-listed player Adam Tipungwuti will also be part of the North Melbourne squad, wearing no. 28.
Still no LDU.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back