Game Day Practice Match | North Melbourne v Melbourne | Feb 28th 1.10pm @Arden St. [Live on nmfc.com.au]

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Wilkins!!!! only played school boys footy in SA, no exposed form, he'd get blown over in a light breeze, yet we took him top 50.

That's just fate being a bastard.

Crows reached for an underexposed Dangerfield and he became a superstar.

We reached for an underexposed and he lasted 2 years with North Ballarat.

I recall Dylan Smith being a like for like Peter Bell replacement.

BS aside he was a decent player. Was coming on well under Pagan but Laidley stunted his development to the extent he never recovered at Freo.

I'm reasonably convinced he'd have had a solid career had Denis remained at North.

Sunny side up view is that Rhyce may have been too close to the action during preseason to spot the possible cracks.

At lest now his troops have well and truly shown him their performance and gameplan inadequacies during the dead rubbers.

If we'd cantered over the dogs and dees the level of delusion might've got dangerous.

The Dogs will push the top four this year I reckon. If we'd cantered over them we'd be on track for a flag. Especially after their soft and sooky exit last year.

The Dee's games was a worry, but I guess there are up to 15 players who were missing from the team. We had even less structure than the Dogs game. If we'd won that we'd be in good shape too.

These games are a bit of a waste. We can't play our game plan, whatever it is, without two good tall forwards and we haven't had one game with two good tall forwards. Given all the newness around the coaching staff and new side it's hardly a wonder we haven't settled if our entire attacking structure is not actually there.

Not just Brown. Larkey was our major attacking target v the Dogs. He's played a handful of games really.

I'm hoping the vSwans game looks better.

I was hopeful we'd win four or five of our first six. Realistically three, maybe four is more likely. It's hard to believe the team that finished so well last year is serving up this tripe. Then again it's only about half that team.

Smith's main problem was his size and he wasn't quick either. Don't ask me how that amounted to us using a pick 6 on him.
But he obviously could play a bit.

Smith's main problem was his size and he wasn't quick either. Don't ask me how that amounted to us using a pick 6 on him.
But he obviously could play a bit.

Represented Haileybury at APS athletics in 100m and 200m in his year level and didn't disgrace himself.
Watched him run rings around John Baird at 1st XVIII level.

Trotter had bastard hamstrings. Spent more time dragging a tire behind him than chasing a football. He's excused.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back