Practice Match - North Melbourne v Melbourne - Fri 28 Feb, 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Match details
North Melbourne v Melbourne - free entry
Friday 28 February, 1.10pm (AEDT)
Arden Street Oval (204-206 Arden St, North Melbourne)

Live stream to commence at 1.00pm (AEDT)

Getting to Arden Street Oval
Parking may be limited around the area, with only street parking available.

Fans are encouraged to use public transport to get to Arden Street, with North Melbourne and Macaulay train stations both around 1km away from the ground.

By tram from the city, catch the No. 57 and jump off at Stop 15 - Arden St/Abbotsford St.

Arden Street, something different, haven't seen that ground in forever!

I still miss all the old suburban grounds. Loved going to all of them as a kid. 😢

Arden Street, something different, haven't seen that ground in forever!

I still miss all the old suburban grounds. Loved going to all of them as a kid. 😢
Same. I went to Whitten Oval for the AFLW a couple of weeks back - I hadn't been there since the 80s!

The guys on Demonland Podcast saying this will be a predominately under 23 side from Melbourne. Maybe a sprinkling of over 23. I assume north would do something similar. Plus they have a couple playing SOG.

Melbourne squad
9. C.Spargo
10. A.Brayshaw
12. T.Bedford
18. J.Melksham
20. A.Tomlinson
23. J.Jordon
24. T.Rivers
28. O.McDonald
29. J.Hunt
31. B.Fritsch
32. T.Sparrow
33. O.Baker
34. M.Hore
36. K.Pickett
38. M.Brown
40. C.Wagner
41. J.Lockhart
42. J.Wagner
46. A.Bradtke

North Melbourne squad
1. M.Daw
2. M.Williams
3. J.Anderson
6. T.Garner
8. B.Scott
14. T.Dumont
15. P.Ahern
16. A.Bonar
17. J.Pittard
18. S.Atley
19. J.Walker
21. D.Tyson
23. B.McKay
24. S.Durdin
25. R.Tarrant
30. C.Comben
31. C.Taylor
32. M.Wood
34. J.MacMillan
36. J.Crocker
38. T.Xerri
40. T.Murphy
41. M.McGuinness
42. T.Campbell
43. A.Hall
44. C.Zurhaar
46. L.Hosie

We've basically got a VFL side in so expect North to smash us pretty comfortably.

Reckon this means vs Hawthorn is going to be a dress rehersal for Round 1

Weird that after getting sacked as coach last year Brad Scott is playing for North this week.

North have a few out to. But they’d have a stronger squad than us for sure. Good to see jaw some of the younger guys go. Bradke will get a fair bit of ruck time. Pickett steps down a level so it’ll be interesting to see how he goes.

Wtf has happened to Joel Smith? Named last week but didn't play, now not named in this.

Possible lineup for today AFL players only mths are listed.

B - Lockhart Omac J Wagner
HB - Hunt Hore rivers
C - Tomlinson Jordon Baker
HF - Melksham Fritsch Spargo
F - Bedford Brown Pickett
R - Bradke Brayshaw C Wagner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've basically got a VFL side in so expect North to smash us pretty comfortably.

Reckon this means vs Hawthorn is going to be a dress rehersal for Round 1

Weird that after getting sacked as coach last year Brad Scott is playing for North this week.
Wait until you read their death riding board if they belt is. A couple of posters got pretty excited when Essendon beat our Casey side last week.

The instant replay on the stream isn't working too well. It's obviously is done automatically by just going back 5-10 seconds, and for the most part, it's just shown players standing around and/or fetching footballs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back