Game Day Practice Match v Richmond, Fri 26 Feb, 9.30am AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you're still allowed to follow your man provided they don't cross the mark. I just don't see it achieving anything except taking away from the contest between the kicker and the man on the mark. A player playing on and outrunning the man on the mark is good to watch, the man on the mark tackling that player is good to watch a smother by the man on the mark is good to watch. A player running on a 45 degree angle into 15 metres of free space before play on is called is going to be sh*t to watch.
I think you are better not standing the mark, waiting for the player to play on and then put pressure on them.

Only saw a few snippets of the B game but the evasiveness of Laurie was on display as was the neat kicking of both he and Bowey. Laurie did get caught while I was watching, but it was after sidestepping someone to create space. He just lacked a little awareness or match speed to realise the 2nd tackler was behind him.

Feel for the kid. I know millions dont make it this far but fu** it must be tough to never even know if you could have made it
Beats being Jimmy Toumpas who got drafted on the reputation he had as a junior before major hip surgery, which seems like the worst possible injury for an incoming draftee who relies upon his pace to sustain, and then got crucified debuting in the worst side in history as a highly touted number four draftee who moved like a geriatric from his first game. Not saying he would have made it anyway but he probably would have been better off being drafted in the fifties taking into account his ****ed hips if he'd played any juniors after the injury.

Beats being Jimmy Toumpas who got drafted on the reputation he had as a junior before major hip surgery, which seems like the worst possible injury for an incoming draftee who relies upon his pace to sustain, and then got crucified debuting in the worst side in history as a highly touted number four draftee who moved like a geriatric from his first game. Not saying he would have made it anyway but he probably would have been better off being drafted in the fifties taking into account his f’ed hips if he'd played any juniors after the injury.

That's one of the stupidest things you've said mate.
Toumpas atleast got to play senior footy, this kid if he has hurt his knee won't even get that chance.

That's one of the stupidest things you've said mate.
Toumpas atleast got to play senior footy, this kid if he has hurt his knee won't even get that chance.
Toumpas played 37 games and was ridiculed after basically all of them, I wouldn't say he got much out of the experience of playing senior footy. It's more than likely that no one would even know who nietschke was if he hadn't done his acl twice after being drafted in the 50s and the club has been pretty good to him to rookie him after not playing a game for two years. He's 20yo, he has time yet to strengthen his knees, if the club comes out and says that his knees were never strong enough to make it then sure but he'll hardly be the first kid whose body let him down if so and at least he's not wearing huge external expectations.

Tmac, Lever, Chandler, May, Spargo.

Oliver started clunking them overhead, Gawn monster as usual..

Chandler was probably the one who looked better than before
The one I am most glad about is TMac

We are going to ned him to turn back the clock 24-30 months

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems by the squads that N.Jones, J.Jordan, Sparrow, Rivers, Spargo, Chandler ect are ahead of the first year kids like Rosman, Bowey and B.Laurie
If you’re SC hunting I would say Chandler is best bet.

Wait we beat Richmond? OMG we're better than Richmond wtf dude. Also, why the hell were Jones and ANB playing consistent midfield time over Sparrow and some stints from Rivers and Salem and Spargo.

Just took a look at the 2nd game

Kobe Farmer pretty much got himself a spot on our list, looks very very lively. A lot bigger around the chest than I expected after seeing his listed weight.

Bedford looks a class above those out there for us

Rosman great in the air, shanked a few kicks

Good solid hit out boys against a strong Richmond team. Still have a few outs as well, will love to see what Brown/Weideman can bring? Jackson and Tmac out? Will be interesting to see.
Think we are going to be about mid Pack again with a good chance of making the finals, i hope.

From my count they picked and played with 22 today. From outside that I think Brayshaw and Viney will come in round one depending on fitness. Pickett another but I assume he’ll miss lot if he can’t play next week. Plus he’s missed a heap of training.
Probably Jordon will miss but he’ll be unlucky. Sparrow just in front of him. If Pickett comes in I think perhaps Chandler misses. Reckon they have Spargo ahead of him and ANB is one they’ll pick to. Melksham would be doubtful for round one also.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Bowey comes into contention. Maybe instead of Hunt. Who actually did ok. Made some blues but gave us great dash.

Caught a few glimpse of the second game. I reckon from what Richo said and don’t quote me seems Farmer has a bit to work on offensively. I thought he was good from what I saw and got in some good positions. Rosman can clunk the ball but agree he might need a bit of work on kicking. But can hoof it. Bedford looked good. We veritably have a few good smalls on the list.

It was mentioned we’d take one player via SSP. And another in mid season draft. I was thinking Daw might get picked vid SSP. Given key position injuries. I’d love to see us lock Farmer up.

From my count they picked and played with 22 today. From outside that I think Brayshaw and Viney will come in round one depending on fitness. Pickett another but I assume he’ll miss lot if he can’t play next week. Plus he’s missed a heap of training.
Probably Jordon will miss but he’ll be unlucky. Sparrow just in front of him. If Pickett comes in I think perhaps Chandler misses. Reckon they have Spargo ahead of him and ANB is one they’ll pick to. Melksham would be doubtful for round one also.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Bowey comes into contention. Maybe instead of Hunt. Who actually did ok. Made some blues but gave us great dash.
Hibberd another who could come in, maybe for Hunt, or Baker goes out and Salem/Rivers to that wing. Might depend on his recovery, Hibb was good last year so deserves a crack if fit.

Good to hear the young blokes did ok in the second game. Didn't watch much of it due to work.

Hibberd another who could come in, maybe for Hunt, or Baker goes out and Salem/Rivers to that wing. Might depend on his recovery, Hibb was good last year so deserves a crack if fit.

Good to hear the young blokes did ok in the second game. Didn't watch much of it due to work.
Yep good one, missed Hibberd. He’s best 22 for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back