CoastBhoy

Premiership Player
Jul 26, 2001
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Villa
The boys will be having there first hit out against the Sharks at Fankhauser Reserve on Friday night March 20th , good to see some action about to happen.

I'll be there. I work at Southport so i'll grab some dinner after work and then head down to the ground.
Should be a good match. Any idea on a start time?

Update on the practice match.
The start time is 7pm on Friday the 20th of March
and the game is to be held at the Gold Coast Stadium.

Should be great to see our team out on the Ground for the first time.
Lets all turn up and show our support.

What jumper will the team be wearing I wonder?

15 days to go before the practice match ... is there a date announced to reveal the jumper design, or are the lads just going to run out in a generic practice match design?

Update on the practice match.
The start time is 7pm on Friday the 20th of March
and the game is to be held at the Gold Coast Stadium.

Should be great to see our team out on the Ground for the first time.
Lets all turn up and show our support.

Cheers Phurry for the info .

Anyone have any idea on what the lineup may look like?
Dont know half the kids but may look something like this:eek: Really I probably wouldn't know as much as some other posters. Just keen to see what the team will look like. BTW I'm favouring some of the Gold Coast boys because I know alot more about them.

FB: Daye - Hutchinson - Rutledge
HB: Watts - Stanley - Price
C: Haberfield - Lock - Fowler
HF: Stanlake - Thompson - Parika
FF: Bevan - Dixon - L.Magin
R: Smith - Ramage -Liddy
INT: Green - A.Magin - Nelis - Crawford

Lots of tall KPP's that could go into the ruck. Have an abundance of tall forwards going into the TAC season. Thompson, Dixon, Bevan, Green, Stanlake and Hutchinson could all provide headaches for oppositon defenders.

Should be a good match. Anyone else with more knowledge of some of these players just interested to know what a basic lineup could be for the Gold Coast Football Club this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7pm start.

Carrara.

That is all I can tell you.

I will be taking the camera along, will try to post a few pic's for those who can not attend.:thumbsu:

I'm about to leave to the game. Sorry guys but i don't have a camera.
Should be great to see em' play for the first time. I am interested to see the jersey as well. Will be a quick game also, only two 20 minute halfs.
Hope we can register our first win. Good Luck Gold Coast!!

Let's just say, if the players had to ride their pushies home after the game, they wouldn't get hit by a car while wearing the guernseys they wore tonight. Safety vests may be a more apt description.

Crowd was probably about 300, game was played over 2 x 20 minutes halves, and Southport won by about 3 goals.

Can't tell you much about the players, hardly knew any of them, but there was a bit of height about the team.

Oh, and there was a really hot photographer there. (No, I don't mean Chasing the Dream)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back