Practice Match v Southport Sharks

Aug 22, 2006
MH370
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Woodville, GCFC, Roopena
There alone, huh??? Interesting lol.
But hopefully someone took a photo of the photographer.

And what was the impression at the ground about the 300 crowd and among the 300 crowd? Were people enthused with the spectacle? Disappointed with the turn up?

lol the missus was working late. I got her season tickets too. She'll probably go to the majority of AFL games but not sure if she'll be interested in the TAC matches so I'll have a free platinum ticket to take a mate.

Not sure how many of the crowd were GC supporters and how many were there for Southport (or both). I heard quite a few people calling out Southport player's names so there mightnot have been too many there for GC atall. Not sure really. Hope the matches are more publicised in the future. I probably wouldn't have known about it if it weren't for this thread.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
sausageroll....I guess people aren't holding their breaths until the AFL officially awards the license first.

stereophonic...if you look at one of sausageroll's photos, one of them didnt come up quite right, and so the yellow looks goldish. That would look pretty nice if you had black shorts, etc as well. I might play around with it on photoshop to make it look like a gold/black uniform.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
A real quick edit job.

I played around with a photo from the game last night to resemble my gold/black design guernsey in the guernsey comp thread....

gc-onfield.jpg

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sorry to duplicate posts between here and the guernsey thread.

As Arden described, the guernsey is very fluro yellow like a roadworkers vest, like Parramatta Eels' jersey looks. In itself, one could say that's too Richmond clash-like or WA state team, being so bright yellow.

The look im trying to get is a dull dark (but shiny) gold, just before it starts looking vomit-green. Here's a kind of comparison between the two to highlight the difference in brightness, that the end result should mean the overall look from the stands is of a dark guernsey.

comparison-1.jpg

I am absolutely wet after hearing those two reports on my buddy and mate Marc Lock. What a gun, so glad he played well and has set himself up for a good season and possibly afl career. Great size, good ball winner, good disposal and a real team leader. As I said earlier, I think he was voted VC:confused:

Aug 22, 2006
MH370
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Woodville, GCFC, Roopena
I am absolutely wet after hearing those two reports on my buddy and mate Marc Lock. What a gun, so glad he played well and has set himself up for a good season and possibly afl career. Great size, good ball winner, good disposal and a real team leader. As I said earlier, I think he was voted VC:confused:

What's the story with his left shoulder? He had strapping on it.

Yeah, he seems like a complete player. I'd have my money on him being B&F if he plays the same role all season. He was picking up kicks all over the ground. Although, I have to admit there might have been a few other players who got the ball more just weren't as noticeable

phurry

Senior List
Nov 17, 2007
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GC Blaze and GC United
There alone, huh??? Interesting lol.
But hopefully someone took a photo of the photographer.

Nothing wrong with being there alone. I was there alone as well.
In fact i think i saw sausageroll. I think he was taking pics on his nokia and sat in Block 5. I may have been wrong.
It was a great game and i am a fan of the jumper. Now that we'll get the licence this week i'm sure more people will be interested.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
In fact i think i saw sausageroll. I think he was taking pics on his nokia and sat in Block 5. I may have been wrong.
It was a great game and i am a fan of the jumper. Now that we'll get the licence this week i'm sure more people will be interested.

It was a bad attempt at humor by me....him alone, the photographer.
But on a serious note, yeah, going alone is fine.
And this delay to officially award the license is getting frustrating. But im sure they're just dotting the i's and crossing the t's on financials and other stuff.

CoastBhoy

Premiership Player
Jul 26, 2001
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Villa
I saw big Charlie Dixon and the bloodnut ( Thompson?? ) on the sidelines , any have any info on why these guys did'nt play.

Aug 22, 2006
MH370
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Woodville, GCFC, Roopena

There was another person taking pics on his phone but yes, mine is a nokia. I was actually wondering if the other guy was from bf. We were both sitting at the front of the stand near the GC bench if that's block 5, not sure.

I'm a bit shy and didn't really talk much to the other guy but said goodbye to him as I was leaving. Hope to catch up with a few of the guys on here at future games:)

Chasing the Dream

I'm Matthew Campbell from Sportsbet
Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - Ryan Harwood 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Daniel Merrett 2008 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Simon Black 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Jets, Padres, USC, Utah Jazz
It took some time, but here are my pic's from the night.

9us0v6.jpg

The boss awaits the game to begin.

6e0lfq.jpg

They run out for the first time.

2i87juc.jpg

The first bounce

10rialu.jpg

School is in at half time.

2dqnde1.jpg

And one of the jumper up close.

Chasing the Dream

Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - Ryan Harwood 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Daniel Merrett 2008 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Simon Black 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Oh, and there was a really hot photographer there. (No, I don't mean Chasing the Dream)

So I take it bright yellow guernseys.

Hopefully CTD took some pics of that photographer....about the only good news that could come out of the night.

There you go guys.

zv7mlz.jpg

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
yeah, im not sure if they'll play the whole year in that all-yellow kit or if sometime during the year they'll actually unveil an official guernsey. Perhaps when the AFL officially awards the license they'll unveil.

I just hope theyve listened to our emails and come to this board to see all the ideas posted here before making up their minds.

and im really hanging to see an intra-club game pic, or our first home TAC game (if they wear a full red version or not).

Chasing the Dream

Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
have you got a huge sized pic of that "first bounce" one?

It did not come out as clear as I would have liked, the resolution that I used there is the best it looked.

I am still learning how to use my camera, it is not all that fancy, but sometimes I wish I was smarter.:D

Chasing the Dream

Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
nice! haha, if you look, the GC player right at the back is nodding off from the whiteboard and perving on either the hot chick or you.

I can 100% guarantee you that he was not looking at me;)

Back