Practice Match vs Box Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Moore?
Sorry, Moore would also be one I'd include. Over the next 4-5 weeks I'd like to see Moore, Markov, Chol, Menadue, Miles, Higgins, Lloyd and maybe Stengle tested in our side. Vlastuin, Prestia and Broad go in if fit.

On output alone so far this season, my ins and outs would be:

IN: Moore, Miles, Prestia, Vlastuin (if fit), Menadue and Higgins
OUT: BEllis, McIntosh, CEllis, Conca, Bolton and Lambert

Obviously it isn't practical to make so many changes in one week, but we need to go back to making changes based on form. That is what won us a Premiership in the first place in my opinion.

For me if Caddy is out then there needs to be 4 changes

Out: C.Ellis , R.Conca , S.Bolton , J.Caddy (susp)
In: Vlastuin , Prestia , Menadue , Moore ( If not Moore then Balta. Kid apparently took some really big marks today and nothing wrong with giving him a taste)
Fully agree need added marking power. Bolton cannot stay in the side

Bc we lost two mobile defenders who play tall and wet replaced by weedy hbf.
Poor selection imo.
My point too , out of best side, Broad and vlas replaced by extra smalls, seriously, our selectors lost their heads. Anyway it’s r2 I’m not worried , we have lots of options and time to work up to our best form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No they won’t , not how first two games have been played where kpp have got a hold of us

KPP are only getting a hold of us because we’ve been losing the contest in the midfield. We need to start winning the ball again and the rest will sort itself out.

No Moore?
He tried to do s little bit too much today TI. In the last quarter he went for a pack mark hit the ground gathered the ball and accelerated towards goal had a teammate clear but chose not to give it off and ended up getting caught (and a massive spray from his teammate). But geez he’s exciting great ground level ability for a 194 cm player

He tried to do s little bit too much today TI. In the last quarter he went for a pack mark hit the ground gathered the ball and accelerated towards goal had a teammate clear but chose not to give it off and ended up getting caught (and a massive spray from his teammate). But geez he’s exciting great ground level ability for a 194 cm player
With Caddy out we need another marking target. Moore is the best option this week, Balta and Chol not ready.

managed to get along to the game today. my two cents, for what it's worth:

balta - this kid will be special if developed right. just a super athlete with a lovely pair of hands. apart from one or two times, every marking contest he had was either halved or resulted in him clunking it. bit of dash to him as well. sometimes tried to do too much and turned it over, but you can see it's because he's trying to be aggressive which is great trait in a young bloke.

broad - looked very sharp. fit, strong, composed, good ball use, run, and competed well. had a ripping preseason apparently, and it was evident today.

wombo - really liked his game. couple of clever snaps, and some beautiful assists. very elusive too. on today, i'd say he'd be next in line for the small forward gig if bolton gets dropped. always had time and space, and just looked a class above

garth - does not lose contests. was a rock in defence

moore - think he deserves a senior opportunity. worked and competed real hard, whether it was leading up at the footy or in marking contests. jack needs some help, i feel, and perhaps he could be the man

jack (higgins, that is) - did some good things. not a dominant performance, but his smarts and work-rate are evident.

prestia - some nice touches here and there, and couple of good midfield tackles, which will be welcomed in the senior side. nothing too spectacular, but got through unscathed which is good

miles - typically industrious. good backup if needed.

menadue - had some quality touches. not a complete game, but i reckon he needs to come into the senior side soon - offers a lot more than c ellis or conca

I am starting to think that some of our seniors are becoming complacent. I
It is two weeks now that I have seen some players flat-footed at times down the field, so hopefully making a couple of changes gives them a reality check.

This is why the age old theory that you need to change your premiership side by 3-5 players is bang on. Statistically there is going to be a few players who get complacent/hit their ceiling/get injured so its important for us that 3-4 players of the following group menadue/higgins/Garthwaite/balta/Lloyd/Miles/Markov step up in 2018 and make a starting 22 spot theirs. Unfortunately Bolton/Conca/Cellis are 3 that dont look like taking their chance so time to give a few more a chance.

KPP are only getting a hold of us because we’ve been losing the contest in the midfield. We need to start winning the ball again and the rest will sort itself out.

This. Losing contested ball by 48 is pathetic.... reigning premiers or not. Unacceptable. Miles might get a look in if we don't fix those numbers up quickly.

As a 194cm man I am insulted that you think us folk so immobile

With Caddy out we need another marking target. Moore is the best option this week, Balta and Chol not ready.
I would not be against bringing him in he is bloody quick and would be a hard match up.
Re Chol not being ready I’d have agreed with you 4 months ago but fmd has he improved!!! He worked his arse off today was great in the ruck and up forward. Not saying he could come in and dominate but definitely could play a role.
One thing for sure neither Soldo or Hammer are options imo would need to improve dramatically on today’s effort to be considered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back