Game Day Practice Match vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Great individual effort by Chol out of the ruck kicks it forward and magnificent front and centre work by baker for a goal
85-44

would be a good idea to have the VFL threads in the main area then archive them here Michaels

in my experience with online forums no one ever gets used to going to the subforums for anything as much as it's better for organization. just isn't gonna happen

Sounds like the tackling and intensity that was missing from the seniors was happening in the VFL.
Who's a chance for a call up?
Baker, Bolton, Ross, Townsend?
Will Garthwaite be fit enough?
If Jack has a serious wrist injury, would Moore, CCJ or Balta be the best replacement? Or just go Baker or another small?

Townsend is interesting. We are sorely lacking inside grunt in the seniors. Two weeks in a row he has been good in there. Have always thought his disposal is good, but couldn't get it enough. Maybe we just need some more strength inside so that players like Sidebottom might not have time to do up there laces before they get rid of the ball. They will know that Townsend hurts. If not then Ross.
Moore has to come in for Jack. Balta also as second ruck/utility. Almost time for Bolton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Townsend is interesting. We are sorely lacking inside grunt in the seniors. Two weeks in a row he has been good in there. Have always thought his disposal is good, but couldn't get it enough. Maybe we just need some more strength inside so that players like Sidebottom might not have time to do up there laces before they get rid of the ball. They will know that Townsend hurts. If not then Ross.
Moore has to come in for Jack. Balta also as second ruck/utility. Almost time for Bolton.

I'm with you on Towna, but reckon Balta and Lynch forward is plenty tall enough. No need for Moore as well, IMO

I'm with you on Towna, but reckon Balta and Lynch forward is plenty tall enough. No need for Moore as well, IMO
Balta to CHB to replace Grimes. They have Cameron, Himmelberg, Taylor and Tomlinson all above 194cm. We have Astbury. It's time to bite the bullet and play him. Garthwaite would be better but with a corky this week, means he only played another half a game and he is short of match practice already.
Same with Moore. Mobile and very quick, good foil for Lynch.

Agreed re Moore I reckon we saw enough last year to know he can play. With his speed and athleticism he should be able to play as a tall who can apply defensive pressure similar to a medium/ small forward. If he can bring that to his game he will be s permanent fixture in the 1s

Agreed re Moore I reckon we saw enough last year to know he can play. With his speed and athleticism he should be able to play as a tall who can apply defensive pressure similar to a medium/ small forward. If he can bring that to his game he will be s permanent fixture in the 1s
Seems like the only thing holding Moore back is himself. Has heaps of AFL traits, but needs the intensity levels to go up. Much like Chol, they don't seem to realise it. Maybe he is ready, should get a gig this week... if he can ruck.

Seems like the only thing holding Moore back is himself. Has heaps of AFL traits, but needs the intensity levels to go up. Much like Chol, they don't seem to realise it. Maybe he is ready, should get a gig this week... if he can ruck.
Good call re Moores intensity levels that is the one thing holding him back imo. He attacks it in the air but doesn’t have the same vigour at ground level. I’m sure he’s capable of doing more at ground level , he’s an amazing athlete, super quick and strong through the hips.

Good call re Moores intensity levels that is the one thing holding him back imo. He attacks it in the air but doesn’t have the same vigour at ground level. I’m sure he’s capable of doing more at ground level , he’s an amazing athlete, super quick and strong through the hips.
All he has to do is run and chase like our small forwards do. Jack does it. The game will come to him if he keeps himself in the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back