News Practice Matches Announced

Remove this Banner Ad

8.8.56 to 7.8.50 in the end. Not exactly convincing, but oh well. I was pleasantly surprised by Jess Allan, she looks like a good addition to the side. Charlton looks ready to take the next step. Goodwin a bit scratchy, Bonner looked likely when she was on. Most of the rest of the players looked much like the season 7 models.

I genuinely don't think I understand the high contact rule. I swear I've seen ten high-contact free kicks paid today for tackles around the torso.
I forget the high tackle rule is chest and above in AFLW, so there's more high frees than normal.

That last quarter was terrible. Barely saw Randall at all. Was she rested?

Gould and Allan swapped roles with Gould in the ruck and Allan up forward and McKinnon on bench?

Geelong’s speed in the middle destroyed them in the 2nd half, a huge worry as it looked a repeat of the same issues they had against Melbourne in last year’s qualifying final. Geelong have a good defence but they also got on top after Whiteley came on and stifled all the good early movement/leading patterns that Bonner, Ponter and Gould showed in the 1st quarter.

That last quarter was terrible. Barely saw Randall at all. Was she rested?

Gould and Allan swapped roles with Gould in the ruck and Allan up forward and McKinnon on bench?

Randall must have been subbed, I never saw her in the second half. Same with Bonner.

I have to say, I liked Allan up forward. She's got a surprising turn of speed when the ball hits the deck and she laid a couple of great tackles.

I'd love to see the Crows try something crazy and rotate all four rucks through :laughing: Never let the other team get settled, you've got Gould on you, whoops now it's Allan, oh now it's Prowse...

Geelong’s speed in the middle destroyed them in the 2nd half, a huge worry as it looked a repeat of the same issues they had against Melbourne in last year’s qualifying final. Geelong have a good defence but they also got on top after Whiteley came on and stifled all the good early movement/leading patterns that Bonner, Ponter and Gould showed in the 1st quarter.

This will be the difference between being a premiership contender and an also-ran this year. It feels somehow structural - the opposition wins the ball and they have loose players everywhere. We win the ball and everything is one-on-one. We need to find a way to either slow opposition midfields down, or get some loose ball ourselves. Can't have it be the worst of both worlds through the middle.

This will be the difference between being a premiership contender and an also-ran this year. It feels somehow structural - the opposition wins the ball and they have loose players everywhere. We win the ball and everything is one-on-one. We need to find a way to either slow opposition midfields down, or get some loose ball ourselves. Can't have it be the worst of both worlds through the middle.
Crows need runners and players that can spread with some speed. It's quite lacking.
Randall must have been subbed, I never saw her in the second half. Same with Bonner.

I have to say, I liked Allan up forward. She's got a surprising turn of speed when the ball hits the deck and she laid a couple of great tackles.

I'd love to see the Crows try something crazy and rotate all four rucks through :laughing: Never let the other team get settled, you've got Gould on you, whoops now it's Allan, oh now it's Prowse...
I also liked Allan up forward. Wonder if we'd ever go two tall forward targets? McKinnon in the ruck, Gould at CHF and Allan FF, or swap Gould/Allan. Gould is the better mark.

8.8.56 to 7.8.50 in the end. Not exactly convincing, but oh well. I was pleasantly surprised by Jess Allan, she looks like a good addition to the side. Charlton looks ready to take the next step. Goodwin a bit scratchy, Bonner looked likely when she was on. Most of the rest of the players looked much like the season 7 models.
Don't be too worried, I know quite a few of the girls were sick, they were still recovering from a bug they got in Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back