Game Day Pre-Match MCG Meet Up

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry Reems

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hi all, I’m rekindling the tradition of 7 years ago and organising a pre-game meet-up for those Freo supporters going to the game on Saturday.

Seppo organised an amazing pre- GF Big Footy Freo Supporters get-together at the Great Northern Hotel in North Carlton back in 2013.

So can I get some suggestions for a venue from those keen on attending?

The meet-up time will be 5.00pm, so we need somewhere close to the G.

There's a few other groups also looking to organise catchups (FB, Twitter, Reddit) and it's looking like they're all coalescing around Beer DeLuxe before walking to the game together at around 6pm.

Don't think Seppo is coming over here this time btw, Snuff.

[edit: 3:30pm start time, or come anytime before 5:30-6]

Last edited:
Man I’d love to but have moved to country Victoria, plus am recovering from the lurg so no trips to Melbourne for me this week. There’s a bunch of Freo folk looking to arrange a meet up via Twitter though. If you’re keen then PM me & I’ll point you in the general direction.

I thought Seppo lived in Melbourne?
Seppo did indeed move back to the mother country a few years ago.

Over in Melbourne this week for training. Naturally I’m staying for the game, but desperately need some mates to hang with.

I was in Melbourne last weekend catching up with a mate. If it was this weekend coming I'd have caught up.

Im flying over for it, staying in the CBD, putting on shield of steel and plastic spit deflectors and heading to the G to face the feral army. Should be great. Still on a high from the Optus comeback. If there is a consensus pub, list it here, cheers Rhufus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m having a coffee at Fed Square now, after staggering here from “one of those places” in King St. Has anyone booked a table at Beer Deluxe as yet?

have a great time everyone, enjoy the meet ups....let's hope the beers in you are energized by a victory and you can sing yourselves hollow into the warm September night!!! :D

I’m having a coffee at Fed Square now, after staggering here from “one of those places” in King St. Has anyone booked a table at Beer Deluxe as yet?
There's a few booked, but I spoke to them yesterday to let them know approx how many we'd have there, and they said there's unlikely to be any capacity issues.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

have a great time everyone, enjoy the meet ups....let's hope the beers in you are energized by a victory and you can sing yourselves hollow into the warm September night!!! :D
Warm? Melbourne in early September? lel.

I have Nick Riewoldt/Derek Zoolander's black trench in my bag though, so between that and grogs I should be right!

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back