Pre-Original Festival Draft Game VII Organisation

Remove this Banner Ad

morton09

All Australian
Sep 12, 2008
morwell
AFL Club
Richmond
ok, well if i was to say that i am ready for another game, how many others would be willing to be involved, at the moment i would be hoping to get around 14-16 players, we wont start untill we have at least 12, this time around i think it is better if we organise it more and have some rule changes so if you have any suggestions for rule changes i will consider them, but i dont think it would be a good idea to have the draft focused on one subject (eg. 90's bands, 60's bands, techno or anything like that), so basicly any band or artist that you can think of is available, we might be able to change the ammount of bands playing at each festival.

here are the old rules from the original game -

RULES

1. You can draft any Artist or Band that has ever been recognised as one.

2. The game finishes when all 14 players have taken 24 picks and have that many artists.

3. Before you are aloud to start Drafting your artists you must have a name for your festival, it can be made up or the name of an actual festival. ( eg. the Magic Mushroom Festival)

4. The draft will be in snake form, please disregard the other thread, it will be changed as the draft progresses.
(eg.
First Round
pick 1 - player 1
pick 2 - player 2
pick 3 - player 3
pick 4 - player 4
Second Round
Pick 5 - player 4
Pick 6 - player 3
Pick 7 - player 2
Pick 8 - player 1 )

5. You cannot choose a band or artist that has already been chosen, however in the instance where an Artist has performed in more than one band or group, you may select them (eg. Josh Homme chosen in one pick with QOTSA, but can also be selected in Kyuss)

6. The band, band member or artist may be deceased, they do not have to be alive. (eg. Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, Joy Division or Nirvana)

7. After the person before you takes there pick you have 9 hours to take your pick or you will be given the first availble Band or Artist from the ARIA Singles charts, after they have run out we will move onto the American music charts, then UK charts etc. (eg. wait 9 hours, no pick taken, then they get black eyed pees, or highest ranking band or artist on the designated charts that is still available for selection)

8. In the instance that you post a list of preferances in the thread, in order of who you would prefer the most, then rule number 7 does not apply, if your preferance is chosen and you are unhappy then you can change your pick from your preferances list if the next pick hasn't been taken yet.
(eg. 1. Lily Allen 2. Powderfinger. if either available they will be chosen on your behalf if not the next on the list is chosen, if nobody is available, rule number 7 comes back into play)

9. There will be a Poll at the end of the draft the poll will be held on a 5,4,3,2,1 basis and you cannot vote for yourself, there is no selection criterea apart from enjoyment, the player with the highest tally wins.

cheers, morton09:thumbsu:

i'll play...im not sure what happened with our other game, it sort of just died.

That would be cool. Except there would have to be a limit, like only 3 trades.
I'd prefer a limit on the bands you have on the bill. you start with 24 picks and must have at least 20 bands on the bill by the end of the draft

but you're allowed to trade as heavily as you want to get there

I'm In :D. Unlike last time, where I basically monitored this game whilst I studied for exams, I will have to rely more on preferences this time!

Only problem will be if this starts while I'm over in Melbourne. Probably won't be able to get to a computer too often for a week.

Schism should play this time :p

And why is this version seven of this game? Where and when were versions four, five and six held?

cool, well what if you played in the previous game we cant select any bands that we selected in that game, or we get 30 picks each this time and have to have at least 25 artists by the end, and we can trade those picks for bands or bands for bands, like for example greenday and red hot chilli peppers for the beatles or somthing like that, as long as both of the people involved in the trade are happy with what they recieve. what do you guys think??

so far we have 7 maybe 8 players, still need a few more...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm In.

Heres an idea:

At the end of the draft and the trading we should have a secondary or Pre-season draft.

In the usual draft we'll get 25 Picks and then we are free to make as many trades as we like and then depending on how many bands we have you have, you go to the secondary draft to get to 30 bands.

eg. You draft 25, but it goes down to 23 after trades and so you get a further 7 bands in the Pre-season.

OR

You draft 25, it goes up to 28 after trades and so you get a further 2 bands in the Pre-Season.

I believe you should also be able to delist bands if you believe you might be able to get them lower down the Order in the pre-season or because you remembered more bands you would prefer.

There might be some new players, so that would give them an unfair advantage if only certain bands were able to be picked. I like the trading Idea, though I would have to get my head around the whole damn thing!

ok, well we have 9 players at the moment...

schedule and new rules would look something like this

1 - Official Draft - everybody should knows how this works;

1. You can draft any Artist or Band that has ever been recognised as one.

2. The game finishes when all players have taken all 30 picks and have at least 25 artists, at the end of the game you must have at least 32 artists on your festivals bill.

3. Before you are aloud to start Drafting your artists you must have a name for your festival, it can be made up or the name of an actual festival. ( eg. the Magic Mushroom Festival)

4. The draft will be in snake form,
(eg.
First Round
pick 1 - player 1
pick 2 - player 2
pick 3 - player 3
pick 4 - player 4
Second Round
Pick 5 - player 4
Pick 6 - player 3
Pick 7 - player 2
Pick 8 - player 1 )

5. You cannot choose a band or artist that has already been chosen, however in the instance where an Artist has performed in more than one band or group, you may select them (eg. Josh Homme chosen in one pick with QOTSA, but can also be selected in Kyuss)

6. The band, band member or artist may be deceased, they do not have to be alive. (eg. Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, Joy Division or Nirvana)

7. After the person before you takes there pick you have 9 hours to take your pick or you will be given the first availble Band or Artist from the ARIA Singles charts, after they have run out we will move onto the American music charts, then UK charts etc. (eg. wait 9 hours, no pick taken, then they get black eyed pees, or highest ranking band or artist on the designated charts that is still available for selection)

8. In the instance that you post a list of preferances in the thread, in order of who you would prefer the most, then rule number 7 does not apply, if your preferance is chosen and you are unhappy then you can change your pick from your preferances list if the next pick hasn't been taken yet.
(eg. 1. Lily Allen 2. Powderfinger. if either available they will be chosen on your behalf if not the next on the list is chosen, if nobody is available, rule number 7 comes back into play)

9. If you have left Preferances, and they have been chosen for you, and you find that at the current pick, an artist has not been taken yet you may change artists to the desired artist - you may only do this 5 times in the draft as it is unfair on people who take their pick after you.

2 - Trade Period - during this period players may trade up to 3 artists at a time for another festivals artist/s, you may only have 10 official trades, but one trade can contain from 2-6 artists (eg. The Beatles for The Rolling Stones, or Arcade Fire, The Strokes and Vampire Weekend for Metallica and Eagles of Death Metal).

3 - Secondary Draft - this period will be another draft but only players who have not got their full allocation of bands yet, artists chosen in this draft cannot have been chosen in the Official Draft and the draft order will be based on who has the least artists at their festival
(eg.
first round -
pick 1. - festival 1 - 22 artists
pick 2. - festival 2 - 25 artists
pick 3. - festival 3 - 29 artists
pick 4. - festival 4 - 31 artists
(festival 5 - 32 artists = not involved in Secondary Draft)
second round -
pick 5. - festival 1 - 23 artists... etc.)

4 - Voting Time - this period is when players will be given a certain ammount of time to PM me their votes in a 5,4,3,2,1 basis, based on their favourite festivals apart from their own, the public will also be able to vote for their prefered festivals (lets hope it goes more smoothly than last time), at the end of this period the festival that has the most votes will be crowned THE SUPREME FESTIVAL.

players so far:
player 1 - morton09
player 2 - TAZZA
player 3 - anti
player 4 - omit
player 5 - Hard Ball Get
player 6 - Deez_Baby
player 7 - Zarrix
player 8 - wce_all_da_way
player 9 - jrussell
player 10 - open
player 11 - open
player 12 - open
player 13 - open
player 14 - open
player 15 - open
player 16 - open

any more suggestions...

we will just have to wait... maybe 2 - 3 days, once we get 12 players give it a day and then we will start without whoever hasn't joined yet.. ?? what do you think zarrix?? :D

I don't like the ARIA's rule... shouldn't we just skip them if their time is up and they didn't have any preferences, and they can take their pick when they log on.

we will just have to wait... maybe 2 - 3 days, once we get 12 players give it a day and then we will start without whoever hasn't joined yet.. ?? what do you think zarrix?? :D

Sounds good to me. I'm hoping for a few new faces though

not as much time for me either. won't just be able to take preferences and all like last time. And I'll be away for six days from Thursday week.

so what, are you out hard ball get?, i think we have 9 players, 10 if hard ball get is playing, we need at least 3 more players to get started. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back