Training Pre Season 18/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually it is an outlandish statement. Is it a players fault if he’s mismanaged?
He played 22 games in 2017 and 13 in 2018. By my calculations he missed 3 games in 2017 and 11 in 2018.
He is currently completing his first full pre season in years. So given he came to the club under an injury cloud and played 22 games, it is plausible he can stand up to the rigours of our game plan given the shambles he came from.

On Lynch you realise they chose to put him under the knife once GC’s season was over so he would be right for season 2019? It was strategic as much as anything. Here’s Tom’s games played. As you can see, he’s far more durable than your perception.
And yes, i am comfortable. I am comfortable in the fact we have the best strength and conditioning team in the league. Our man management is now copied by the likes of Hawthorn, Collingwood etc.
And if you think we need Lynch to best the mudfish in R1, you’re kidding yourself.

f5124a0ec493a7744d6b1dae72c55d6c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower
He was clearly underdone in 2017 and there were calls that he should’ve been dropped because he could barely kick the ball over 30 metres and couldn’t hit a target. He was a passenger for a large chunk of the season. Just because we kept playing him does not mean he was reliable. His body was clearly hindering his performance. And yes, he has not completed a pre-season in a long time. Thank you for highlighting my point. Hopefully he gets through this one unscathed. Recent history suggests he won’t though.

Well done on throwing a bunch of numbers to me that don’t paint the full picture of Lynch’s troublesome PCL. He played several games with it and tried to manage his way through it but was unable to, so he opted for PCL surgery (which has notoriety for its complications - Lynch has already had a setback). Cyril Rioli, Nakia Cockatoo, EVW and Grant Birchall have all suffered PCL injuries and have all had reoccurring knee complaints. All three have also struggled to get back on the park consistently. EVW is yet to return from when he injured his the second time against Sydney last year. What hope does this give Lynch? Time to stop downplaying the severance of his injury out of pure hope and optimism.

I back in our medical and fitness staff but they’re not miracle workers. I trust that they’ll manage both players well but injuries and niggles are largely out of their control.

Feel free to hit me up if Lynch plays over 15 games this season.

He was clearly underdone in 2017 and there were calls that he should’ve been dropped because he could barely kick the ball over 30 metres and couldn’t hit a target. He was a passenger for a large chunk of the season. Just because we kept playing him does not mean he was reliable. His body was clearly hindering his performance. And yes, he has not completed a pre-season in a long time. Thank you for highlighting my point. Hopefully he gets through this one unscathed. Recent history suggests he won’t though.

Well done on throwing a bunch of numbers to me that don’t paint the full picture of Lynch’s troublesome PCL. He played several games with it and tried to manage his way through it but was unable to, so he opted for PCL surgery (which has notoriety for its complications - Lynch has already had a setback). Cyril Rioli, Nakia Cockatoo, EVW and Grant Birchall have all suffered PCL injuries and have all had reoccurring knee complaints. All three have also struggled to get back on the park consistently. EVW is yet to return from when he injured his the second time against Sydney last year. What hope does this give Lynch? Time to stop downplaying the severance of his injury out of pure hope and optimism.

I back in our medical and fitness staff but they’re not miracle workers. I trust that they’ll manage both players well but injuries and niggles are largely out of their control.

Lol, so even when facts get presented to counter your perception, you’re still right. Ok then. Good luck with that.

Im happy to back him into play 15+ Games in 2019

Lol, so even when facts get presented to counter your perception, you’re still right. Ok then. Good luck with that.

I’m glad you now understand that numbers need context.

Run along now.

Won’t they? i wouldnt underestimate , considering we had limited tpp left we did very well in re stocking our mids. Weller will help hold up an end while these kids gather some momentum , Higgo and Rioli will both get more midfield time
I liked the Weller pick. Solid body. Ross looks ready to go, and I’m hoping RCD makes an appearance by mid year. Our flag team had a few players with a handful of games. So not worried about that

You werent happy with a bunch of numbers, but I find the cherrypicking of a few players with recurring knee issues also way off. There many players who have pcl operations, and of course the more serious ACL (Walker) who play for many yesrs and dominate the competition with no recurring knee problems at all.

You werent happy with a bunch of numbers, but I find the cherrypicking of a few players with recurring knee issues also way off. There many players who have pcl operations, and of course the more serious ACL (Walker) who play for many yesrs and dominate the competition with no recurring knee problems at all.
Doc Peter Larkins: “They’ve done 1,800 ACL reconstructions at the Epworth in the past two years. They’ve done 14 PCLs.” - June 2018

PCL operations are rare due to their complexity.

I’m glad you now understand that numbers need context.

Run along now.

Lol, you are clueless. I look forward to you hating every win (and not posting) and only fronting up on a negative. You’re a dime a dozen styled poster who’s clueless. I’ve seen that many of your type. If i had to describe your style, it would be predictable and boring. Yaaaawwwwwnnnnn.

Lol, you are clueless. I look forward to you hating every win (and not posting) and only fronting up on a negative. You’re a dime a dozen styled poster who’s clueless. I’ve seen that many of your type. If i had to describe your style, it would be predictable and boring. Yaaaawwwwwnnnnn.

Your melt has been noted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hold up.

You are pissing on the recruitment of Lynch because he cost us the Conca compo pick (early 40s) and because of Lynch’s injury history? Yet also advocate picking up a 29 year old midfielder with well known quad injuries and would have cost us 2 first rounders (RCD and potentially Hopper)?

While both Beams and Lynch have question marks over their bodies, I’d take the potential combo of Lynch, RCD, Hopper over Beams and an early 40s draft pick any day.

Just left training at Bond uni, wasnt expecting the full on session I got to witness. Thought it would be a kick and giggle but far from it. They were on the track for 3 hours.

Just some observations I made in between chasing my daughter around,

Weller will play alot of games. He trained his ass off and played match sim very nasty, I was suprised but he will get noticed for his intent to hurt - The coaches will eat that s**t up
Ross - players love him and he has a crack - During a tackle drill, Leppa grabs him aside to praise him, "thats how you build a reputation at our club" and the kid has a solid crack
Dawks - Huge quads and looks ready to go body wise which shocked me, didnt do alot but was silky and calm when did
Chol - Beat Rance in 2 of 2 contests, the boys loved it, Rance did not
Butler - Best on ground and our hardest worker, he was a clear standout
Shorty is shredded and was the "hype girl" of the session, hilarious and the boys loved it
Moore looked good and was very constructive, he could take Griggs role IMO - was another who was training nasty when he didnt have the ball
Balta very vocal, trained hard and is an adonis. He is also a nasty mofo- s**t hair cut
Dusty - not sure he hit a target all day
Broad and Caddy much leaner this year
Dion did the full session
Jack Graham looks to have slimmed down
Cotch just cruised and was rested alot
Houli looked his usual super fit self
Soldo is a beast and rag dolled Nank in a tackle much to everyones delight
Higgins - will find another gear this year, he just stands out with everything he does

Remove this Banner Ad

Back