Training Pre Season 18/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Wtf is this lovefest on Carlton players it makes me sick .Carlton is the worst afl side ive seen in my lifetime and some of these so called good Carlton players probally wouldnt look so good in a decent side
Saying an opposition player is a good player isn't a lovefest, it's just unbiased, rather than being one eyed (and incorrect).

I hope Carlton lose every game next year but that doesn't mean I don't recognise talent just because I dislike the club he plays for.

Fisher is a good player, small fellow but has good decision making, I like how he weaves through the play.
Those smaller players are running through half-back. Saad for Essendon is similar.
Only team which I genuinely loathe is Collingwood, I wrote in August they would be our only finals threat in 2018.

Last edited:
Fisher is a good player, small fellow but has good decision making, I like how he weaves through the play.
Those smaller players are running through half-back. Saad for Essendon is similar.
Only team which I genuinely loathe is Collingwood, I wrote in August they would be our only finals threat.

Collingwood will beat us again if Cox clunks every mark. So yeah they are a risk. West Coast too for the same reasons.

But the pies were kissed on the dick with a soft draw last year. I doubt they'll make the top 4. And even if they make 5-8 they will get knocked out by some interstate teams before we need to worry about them.

Only team which I genuinely loathe is Collingwood, I wrote in August they would be our only finals threat.
Alas, If only you'd written they were no threat.

how did u know we would have gastro in august

Collingwood will beat us again if Cox clunks every mark. So yeah they are a risk. West Coast too for the same reasons.

But the pies were kissed on the dick with a soft draw last year. I doubt they'll make the top 4. And even if they make 5-8 they will get knocked out by some interstate teams before we need to worry about them.

if we play them in finals again (which we wont cos they will miss the 8) we will flog them by more than 10 goals

Collingwood had one of the softest draws in history, one of the reasons why I feared them.
It won't be the same fixture this year.
I spoke with a Collingwood fan who plays in Queensland.
He said they have a relatively short defence which matched up well with our forwards.
The height of West Coast exposed them.
Vardy pushed forward and played well in the final quarter.

Last edited:
Actually, what the Collingwood fan said makes sense.
Riewoldt was our only dominant forward and he is relatively tall.
Collingwood obviously has a system against us to cover the space in defence.
They will probably employ the same tactics again, given they made the grand final.
They analysed our tactics in 2017 and now we will have a close look at what they do.
All's fair in tactics and war.

They will probably employ the same tactics again, given they made the grand final.
They analysed our tactics in 2017 and now we will have a close look at what they do.
is bucks still sleeping with yellow and black under his pillow ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you're 6'10" you're gonna clunk some marks. The problem with cox is he is a spud when it comes to everything else so he has to be within 35m of goal to be dangerous.

We should have dragged him up field or told someone to fill the hole in front of him and take the hit to hopefully win a free for in the back. We didn't and we got shat on.

I dare say the prelim will have been on repeat a few times over the off season for us too.

When you're 6'10" you're gonna clunk some marks. The problem with cox is he is a spud when it comes to everything else so he has to be within 35m of goal to be dangerous.

We should have dragged him up field or told someone to fill the hole in front of him and take the hit to hopefully win a free for in the back. We didn't and we got shat on.

I dare say the prelim will have been on repeat a few times over the off season for us too.

we should have just injured him early in the first

rookie error by dimmer

We were Carlton bad on the day and to be within 10 goals at the close was surprising. The fact Cox got off the leash is telling. That's like Hampson kicking a bag for us; you have to be playing a team at their abject worst for that to even be possible.

The draw has nothing to do with it.They beat us & was within 90secs of winning the Flag.Be a waste of a year if they don't make top 4.

The draw has nothing to do with it.They beat us & was within 90secs of winning the Flag.Be a waste of a year if they don't make top 4.

The draw has everything to do with it when you don't play every team twice.

Collingwood beat us because they match up well against us; so do the Weagles. But that's just footy. We regularly beat Hawthorn when they were winning flags.

The draw has everything to do with it when you don't play every team twice.

Collingwood beat us because they match up well against us; so do the Weagles. But that's just footy. We regularly beat Hawthorn when they were winning flags.
They beat us(the reigning premier)Trying not to be over biased here but to beat us and then stating that they will struggle because of the draw is a bit of a backhander towards us.

They beat us(the reigning premier)Trying not to be over biased here but to beat us and then stating that they will struggle because of the draw is a bit of a backhander towards us.

Mate you're a good poster and i'm not going to get all internet argument mode with you.

I was always worried about Collingwood in the finals series on the back of the game earlier in the year where Cox was too tall for us. Also the Weagles with their tall forward line that spanked us in Perth. Those were the two teams I was most worried about, and even if we'd beaten Collingwood i'm not sure we would have won the flag. I really did not want to face Collingwood in the QF as that could easily have sent us to Perth for a prelim.

Our two weaknesses (IMHO) are when we play a team with a gun ruckman (i.e. Grundy) to constantly feed it to their onballers, and a very tall forward line that can outmark us. Plus no-one tagging Sidebottom (goddamit!!) but that was inexplicable tactics, not impossible matchups.

I actually think any of the top 8 teams that can break even with or beat Grundy will not have a lot of trouble with Collingwood this year. Which means trouble for us but not for most of the others.

Mate you're a good poster and i'm not going to get all internet argument mode with you.

I was always worried about Collingwood in the finals series on the back of the game earlier in the year where Cox was too tall for us. Also the Weagles with their tall forward line that spanked us in Perth. Those were the two teams I was most worried about, and even if we'd beaten Collingwood i'm not sure we would have won the flag. I really did not want to face Collingwood in the QF as that could easily have sent us to Perth for a prelim.

Our two weaknesses (IMHO) are when we play a team with a gun ruckman (i.e. Grundy) to constantly feed it to their onballers, and a very tall forward line that can outmark us. Plus no-one tagging Sidebottom (goddamit!!) but that was inexplicable tactics, not impossible matchups.

I actually think any of the top 8 teams that can break even with or beat Grundy will not have a lot of trouble with Collingwood this year. Which means trouble for us but not for most of the others.
Its a forum mate.Healthy debate is good for the soul.;)

Yep I do, I also liked miles and thought he should have got more game time,Murphy is miles ahead of miles.

(See what I did there?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once upon a time, no question. Now? Wouldn't get a gig in a lot of teams. He's hit that stage where you probably give his place to a developing youngster if you can afford to (ie. aren't Carlton).

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

We were Carlton bad on the day and to be within 10 goals at the close was surprising. The fact Cox got off the leash is telling. That's like Hampson kicking a bag for us; you have to be playing a team at their abject worst for that to even be possible.

gastro

Remove this Banner Ad

Back