Training Pre Season 18/19

Remove this Banner Ad

apparently our entire backline area was like running in a swamp due to the liquid s**t everywhere
Then it was a coaching error for failing to prepare our players by training for the situation. There better be training reports next week of us slogging it out on the track waist deep in human effluence.

Then it was a coaching error for failing to prepare our players by training for the situation. There better be training reports next week of us slogging it out on the track waist deep in human effluence.
let's roll out the good ol' standy.....We are 'under turd'

I didn't watch a replay of the PF but obviously we did not cover the space in defence and allowed Cox to lead.
The defence was sluggish and failed to occupy the space and we ultimately paid the price.
One of the other variables was the brilliant form of Graham and Townsend, towards the business end of 2017, which was not replicated.

Who gives a ****, why are some of you still carrying on about what happened in the prelim, what happened in 2018 will have absolutely no bearing on what happens in 2019, move the **** on FFS.

mental demons

being punished by giant cox will haunt our defence all year

Once upon a time, no question. Now? Wouldn't get a gig in a lot of teams. He's hit that stage where you probably give his place to a developing youngster if you can afford to (ie. aren't Carlton).

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Agree he’s past his prime, but more importantly raworrr unghhh. Rrrrraarwww ggggooof. Gooof. Gooof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can we replicate Collingwood saliva though?

Who gives a ****, why are some of you still carrying on about what happened in the prelim, what happened in 2018 will have absolutely no bearing on what happens in 2019, move the **** on FFS.
Looking FWD too your new 2020 pre season thread moments after we win this year flag TT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone was saying Richmond would thrash Collingwood, I never believed it for a second.
I wrote before the finals they would pose our only threat.
You would be an imbecile not to think Collingwood would not try to replicate the same tactics this year, that is all.
They have made a GF and would be thinking they have the system to go all the way.
They will obviously tweak their system with the inclusion of Beams, but the fundamentals should remain.
As Trent Cotchin says, the game is always evolving.
They looked at what we did and we will analyse them too.

Last edited:
Someone was saying Richmond would thrash Collingwood, I never believed it for a second.
I wrote before the finals they would pose our only threat.
You would be an imbecile not to think Collingwood would not try to replicate the same tactics this year, that is all.
They have made a GF and would be thinking they have the system to go all the way.
They will obviously tweak their system with the inclusion of Beams, but the fundamentals should remain.
As Trent Cotchin says, the game is always evolving.
They looked at what we did and we will analyse them too.

Steele Sidebottom
Scott Pendlebury
Dayne Beams
Adam Treloar
Jordan De Goey
Will Hoskin-Elliott
Travis Varcoe
Daniel Wells
Jaidyn Stephenson
Taylor Adams etc.

is a pretty strong midfield

WCE, Dees and the Giants are impressive too

Mcintosh and Graham are going to need to continue to improve. Grigg needs to be replaced. The people saying Richmond are one high quality mid short might be right.

Yes. I was just going through the draft history.
Beams is 29 this year.
A lot of the older midfield players, beset by years of injury, no longer play through the engine room.
They tend to sit off on the fringe.
He would probably push forward to a half forward flank, can score goals, we will wait to see.
Yes, if we go all the way, Grigg can be retained.
It's a major year for Callum Moore I hope, I was disappointed he was not selected in the finals, one extra tall creates confusion.

Steele Sidebottom
Scott Pendlebury
Dayne Beams
Adam Treloar
Jordan De Goey
Will Hoskin-Elliott
Travis Varcoe
Daniel Wells
Jaidyn Stephenson
Taylor Adams etc.

Mcintosh and Graham are going to need to continue to improve. Grigg needs to be replaced. The people saying Richmond are one high quality mid short might be right.
Prestia’s ability to stay injury free is vital
Dusty, Cotch, Prestia, Edwards is as good as it gets.
Also I still reckon Caddy can become more of a midfielder.
Then throw in Lambert, Graham and Higgins and you’ve got an A grade midfield unit

Prestia’s ability to stay injury free is vital
Dusty, Cotch, Prestia, Edwards is as good as it gets.
Also I still reckon Caddy can become more of a midfielder.
Then throw in Lambert, Graham and Higgins and you’ve got an A grade midfield unit
Don't forget Weller!!!

Steele Sidebottom - Biggest dependency for them- is now 28 also - youngest of the critical mids
Scott Pendlebury - Getting Old - massive dependency - also has times when games goes against them goes missing - 31
Dayne Beams - Getting Old - massive dependency -calf concerns - 29 in Feb
Adam Treloar - Mr Close eyes and kick long
Jordan De Goey - Does not play Midfield as much as you would like
Will Hoskin-Elliott - Crab with the physical presence of a wet paper bag
Travis Varcoe - getting old, and is inconsistent - 31 in april
Daniel Wells - when was the last time he played? - 34 in Feb
Jaidyn Stephenson
Taylor Adams etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back